Joey compatibility with Previous Hoppers

dweber

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 29, 2005
Plain City, OH
The Joey 2 and Joey 3 should work with the Hopper 2, Hopper with Sling, and the Hopper 3.

So I don’t know why the dishdepot web site states that the Dish Joey 2 and the Dish Joey 3 works with the Dish Hopper 3 only. Will not work with previous Hopper models.

The Dish Joey 1 and the wireless Joey do not state any restrictions.

Did Mark make a mistake on his web site or is Dish refusing to authorize a Joey 2 or Joey 3 on the older Hopper receivers? I am curious.

Joey 2 is fine with a Hopper 1. I haven't used a Joey 1 in over a year. I refuse to carry them.

The Joey 2 and Joey 3 should work with the Hopper 2, Hopper with Sling, and the Hopper 3.

So I don’t know why the dishdepot web site states that the Dish Joey 2 and the Dish Joey 3 works with the Dish Hopper 3 only. Will not work with previous Hopper models.

The Dish Joey 1 and the wireless Joey do not state any restrictions.

Did Mark make a mistake on his web site or is Dish refusing to authorize a Joey 2 or Joey 3 on the older Hopper receivers? I am curious.
He had to have made a mistake. Obviously Joey 2's work with all Hopper's and the Joey 3 specs indicate they will also work with all hoppers. Interestingly, he's still selling Joey 1's, and for the same price as the Joey 2's and 3's.

As
I don't believe this is accurate. The Joey 3 specifications indicate compatibility with all Hopper versions.

As JSheridan stated, I posted DISH's current recommended Joey usage guidelines. Technically speaking, the Joey 1, 2 and 3 will work with all Hoppers, some better than others. That said, I'd be curious to see how much better a Joey 3 performs than a Joey 1 when linked to an H1.

Reactions: JSheridan
As

As JSheridan stated, I posted DISH's current recommended Joey usage guidelines. Technically speaking, the Joey 1, 2 and 3 will work with all Hoppers, some better than others. That said, I'd be curious to see how much better a Joey 3 performs than a Joey 1 when linked to an H1.
I don't know about a 3, but a Joey 2 is way better on an H1 than a Joey 1 is

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)