Joey hitching / requires Hopper reboot

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CubsWin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 17, 2005
Bourbonnais, IL
Increasingly over the past few months, the Joey 2.0 in my bedroom becomes unwatchable with the program freezing, hitching, and/or going in slow motion. Changing channels doesn't help, and rebooting the Joey doesn't fix it either. The only thing I have found that makes it work again is to reboot the Hopper.

Watching TV on the Hopper itself is always fine, and I have never experienced any problems on my 4K Joey either. It is one the Joey 2.0 with issues and it has been happening once or twice a week.

This is a problem for two reasons:
1) Any in progress recordings get interrupted for several minutes when I am forced to reboot the Hopper
2) It is usually my wife watching that TV and I get called upstairs to fix it every time there is a problem

Does anyone know what causes this hitching behavior? I recall a similar issue in the past somehow related to OTA (I do have an OTA Tuner attacked), but I have no idea if this is the same thing. I would appreciate any advice to try to get this resolved!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

If you have an OTA tuner installed, tune to a strong OTA channel then back to the channel you were watching - see if that works.

Reactions: joegr
This has been happening to a lot of folks here recently. Here's a couple of other threads about the issue:

Pixilization

My TV's are like a bad antenna reception.

Some here are claiming that cabling issues or LNB drift could be the issue, but with so many affected that seems too coincidental. Looks more like a SW issue with the recent upgrades to me...

Same exact problem on Joey and rebooting hopper fixes issue. It happens watching live TV or dvr recording.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts