Joey Linking to wrong Hopper

C

Chris04626

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 14, 2012
MAine
Ok all of a sudden my joeys are linking to the downstairs hopper instead of the upstairs hopper. IF on the upstairs hopper i go to setting whole home there are no joeys listed

Thoughts?

S

satnewb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 9, 2011
New Baltimore, MI
Go to menu, settings, network, whole home. Select the hopper you want to link to, and press select. You'll need to do this from each Joey. If for some reason it doesn't work, you may need to reboot one or more of your H's/J's.

C

Chris04626

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 14, 2012
MAine
the only hopper shown is the downstairs one. They are not picking up the upstairs hopper for some reason, even though its on and working

S

SomeDishGuy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 2, 2013
In a van, down by the river
"It was working fine, then I pressed some buttons on the remote, but I don't know how to get it back". :)

"The dog sat on the remote"
"The cat sat on the remote"
"My son/daughter sat on the remote"

Whole lotta remotes get sat on, I'll tell you that. :D It usually seems to cause a black/blue/or snowy screen at TV1.

Joe Satellite Fan

Joe Satellite Fan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 7, 2010
Palisade, Colorado
If all the above suggestions don't work, try doing a check switch. Had the same issue about a year ago and that fixed mine.

C

Chris04626

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 14, 2012
MAine
Tried all that and still not picking it up. Dish network actually called and told me my receiver was reporting some issues so they are sending out a tech on Tuesday.

O

odbrv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 21, 2004
Lubbock, Tx
I had this problem and had a tech scheduled . then I read here that someone tried a bridge change and reset back. I tried it and it worked for me and I canceled my tech visit. Try menu, settings, network settings, broadband, network details, bridging.