This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

joey moca red

will20032000

Original poster
May 9, 2013
PA
000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000wont let me delete..

Last edited:
You have to bridge the hopper. Go to settings network setup Broadband in the red hot key box make sure you have MoCA Selected then press the blue hot key twice. Turn on bridge and reboot hopper and joeys

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Bridging passes the internet connection to the joeys but won't correct a Moca problem.

I just installed a Hopper with Sling + 1 Joey. I skipped the broadband setup on the Hopper initially to get things going faster (I have to use WiFi). When I setup the Joey it went perfectly fine, updated and activated. I watched TV on it a bit, no problems whatsoever with Moca. Later on I activated WiFi on the Hopper, without setting up the bridge. IMMEDIATELY the Joey started having red Moca and pixelated/stuttering video. No amounts of rebooting would solve it. I turned on the bridge in the Hopper and the Moca problem was gone and has not come back.

So at least from my experience it does appear that at least WiFi on the Hopper WILL DISRUPT the Moca signal unless to activate the bridge.

I think it's a coincidence because adding an additional load to the communication path doesn't fix a poor connection problem. Can you enable and disable Moca and see the Moca icon alternate between red and green consistently?

You have to bridge the hopper. Go to settings network setup Broadband in the red hot key box make sure you have MoCA Selected then press the blue hot key twice. Turn on bridge and reboot hopper and joeys

Putting the Red MoCA icon problem aside (which is also discussed here): For what purpose does bridging the Joeys to your LAN/internet serve? Do the Joeys have there own built-in internet Apps?