Joey Needed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cekkk

Original poster
Aug 1, 2013
Central Colorado
Just ran across this forum while searching for a place to buy a Joey. One of my three is in a guest room and won't be used but a few day a year. With the 622, a splitter solved the problem. But CS at Dish was helpful when I called the other day asking about shutting it off. It was suggested I buy one, he thought it could be found cheap, return this one, which is leased, and they'll only charge me for the time I have it activated.

But I can't find one. Any help will be appreciated.

Have to say, I've been a Dish customer from the first few months the company was in business and may have a couple of suggestions myself.

Also, I looked over the site and have a few things to say about Sirius, Verizon, AT&T Wireless and iPhones. Not all of it flattering!;):excited:

Just ran across this forum while searching for a place to buy a Joey. One of my three is in a guest room and won't be used but a few day a year. With the 622, a splitter solved the problem. But CS at Dish was helpful when I called the other day asking about shutting it off. It was suggested I buy one, he thought it could be found cheap, return this one, which is leased, and they'll only charge me for the time I have it activated.

But I can't find one. Any help will be appreciated.

Have to say, I've been a Dish customer from the first few months the company was in business and may have a couple of suggestions myself.

Also, I looked over the site and have a few things to say about Sirius, Verizon, AT&T Wireless and iPhones. Not all of it flattering!;):excited:

They can be had all over the internet:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007L2OQLO/?tag=satell01-20
http://www.dishdepot.com/dish_receivers.jsp

What are you willing to pay? Is that why you are having trouble finding one? Google/Bing/Ask are all places to start a search and of course EBAY.

What are you willing to pay? Is that why you are having trouble finding one? Google/Bing/Ask are all places to start a search and of course EBAY.
Yup, I got a 211K for next to nothing, again, to be able to turn service on and off without having to return the leased one to Dish. I sure don't want to pay $90 for a Joey. I'm hoping to find a business or individual that has one they no longer need. I should have made that clear in the original post.

Just so you all don't think I'm confusing things, Joey, 211K, we've currently got a Hopper, three Joeys, satellite dishes in in the house and an out building, as well as a Tailgater & its receiver.

Just saw some on Amazon for $85 with free shipping. I can't imagine you find any for a cheaper price unless they are used. $85 is already under cost of a Joey so you may have to be willing to spend some money if you wish to purchase it.

MSRP for the Joey $149 so I'm not sure that there will be many giving away (working) receivers. I would personally be happy with $85 with free shipping.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)