Joey Needed

cekkk

Original poster
Aug 1, 2013
Central Colorado
Just ran across this forum while searching for a place to buy a Joey. One of my three is in a guest room and won't be used but a few day a year. With the 622, a splitter solved the problem. But CS at Dish was helpful when I called the other day asking about shutting it off. It was suggested I buy one, he thought it could be found cheap, return this one, which is leased, and they'll only charge me for the time I have it activated.

But I can't find one. Any help will be appreciated.

Have to say, I've been a Dish customer from the first few months the company was in business and may have a couple of suggestions myself.

Also, I looked over the site and have a few things to say about Sirius, Verizon, AT&T Wireless and iPhones. Not all of it flattering!;):excited:

Just ran across this forum while searching for a place to buy a Joey. One of my three is in a guest room and won't be used but a few day a year. With the 622, a splitter solved the problem. But CS at Dish was helpful when I called the other day asking about shutting it off. It was suggested I buy one, he thought it could be found cheap, return this one, which is leased, and they'll only charge me for the time I have it activated.

But I can't find one. Any help will be appreciated.

Have to say, I've been a Dish customer from the first few months the company was in business and may have a couple of suggestions myself.

Also, I looked over the site and have a few things to say about Sirius, Verizon, AT&T Wireless and iPhones. Not all of it flattering!;):excited:

They can be had all over the internet:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007L2OQLO/?tag=satell01-20
http://www.dishdepot.com/dish_receivers.jsp

What are you willing to pay? Is that why you are having trouble finding one? Google/Bing/Ask are all places to start a search and of course EBAY.

What are you willing to pay? Is that why you are having trouble finding one? Google/Bing/Ask are all places to start a search and of course EBAY.
Yup, I got a 211K for next to nothing, again, to be able to turn service on and off without having to return the leased one to Dish. I sure don't want to pay $90 for a Joey. I'm hoping to find a business or individual that has one they no longer need. I should have made that clear in the original post.

Just so you all don't think I'm confusing things, Joey, 211K, we've currently got a Hopper, three Joeys, satellite dishes in in the house and an out building, as well as a Tailgater & its receiver.

Just saw some on Amazon for $85 with free shipping. I can't imagine you find any for a cheaper price unless they are used. $85 is already under cost of a Joey so you may have to be willing to spend some money if you wish to purchase it.

MSRP for the Joey $149 so I'm not sure that there will be many giving away (working) receivers. I would personally be happy with $85 with free shipping.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)