Joey on older tv with connected by RCA … “channel number” switched by accident

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BnT.atl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 16, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Hello Guys,

I have a Joey on older tv with connected by RCA (red/yellow/white) cables to the tv …

I seem to remember when the technician first hooked up this up (months ago) he said it had to stay on”xx”-tv channel to receive the joey programming…

That channel got inadvertently switched today and I cant figure out how to get it back to the correct channel to receive the joey …

(this did happen once before but i was able to use the dedicated-tv-remote to do a “recall” back to the necessary channel but now all I get is snow on the tv)

any ideas?

Thanks
Ray

Put it back on the right input. Video 1,AV1 etc. Use the tv remote or tv buttons.

that certainly is the goal ...
using the tv remote, I have cycled through all the channels and only get snow ...

does anyone out there remember the actual channel number that the joey is supposed to show up on?
thanks

Look at the cables. The input on the back of the tv should be labeled av1 or whatever it is. The fact that you said everything is snow tells me you probably aren't cycling inputs but just changing channels. Rca inputs don't use a channel number, they use inputs.

the yellow cable is in the only tv input in the back of the tv, the other two are in the audio input…
the remote does not have an option for inputs, (this tv is over 25 years old but i need it for the room it is in … )
the joey remote is not letting me control the tv itself, it keep defaulting to satellite

The Joeys do not have RF outputs therefore do not broadcast on any channels. If you have the yellow/white/red directly hooked up to the TV then you will need to cycle through the TV's inputs.

If you have the Joey connected to a VCR, set the TV for CH 3 or CH 4 and make sure the VCR is on LINE IN. If you have the Joey hooked up to an RF modulator again look on CHs 3/4 as well as 60-99.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

no vcr in the way (nor rf modulator) …
I have tried both channel 3 and 4 with no luck
the tv only goes up to 69 and i have cycled through all channels and only getting snow…
I appreciate the suggestions on this forum, much better than dish live chat

You keep saying you are changing TV channels but that's not the issue. Your TV has to have inputs to change, at the very least two - one would be if you were watching TV from an antenna, another would be for where you have the yellow/red/white connected. It sounds to me the TV is set for having an antenna connection, you have to change that to receive the signal from the three cables. Somewhere on the TV there has to be a setting to change inputs.
Very possibly someone changed channels using the TV remote. (or possibly the Dish remote got changed to "TV") Most TV's or at least older ones changed inputs once you tried changing channels on the TV itself instead of the Dish receiver because they thought you were trying to watch from an antenna.

If you do have the tv remote, you may need to go into the menu and scan for available channels. Then most likely would need to put it on channel 3 maybe 4.

no vcr in the way (nor rf modulator) …
I have tried both channel 3 and 4 with no luck
the tv only goes up to 69 and i have cycled through all channels and only getting snow…
I appreciate the suggestions on this forum, much better than dish live chat

Lucky86 --- I appreciate your suggestions
but
no menu button, this is a magnavox circa 1994 … past its time but needed for this room.

the only buttons are
on/off,
channels up/down,
volume up/down;
“status” does nothing but show the channel number
and
“display” where brightness and sharpness (etc) come up…

Have you looked BELOW the numeric channels, ie, channel down to before Ch 1 or 2 for AV?

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Tampa8 (!) you hit the nail on the head!!

On the “display” button on the tv, Buried past brightness and sharpness and tint was an option that went allowed me to choose “vcr-aux” or “Anntenna”, then another screen past that from “anntenna” to “cable” ---

There is no vcr attached anymore but as soon as i switched it to “vcr-aux” everything went back to “normal” --- oddly I had to push the button on the tv and use the tv remote to make the switch … though the remote offers no direct option to the “display” screen(s)

Thank to all who threw out suggestions!
I spent time with Dish “live chat” and they were not able to discern this either so I knew that someone on this forum would eventually help…

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)