joey's glitch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tcpuccio1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Lancaster, NY
I I have had this system for just about a month and there was an update to the system on 12/18 and since then on 3 different occasions all of the joey's will just glitch freeze and sort of buffer all at the same time either watching live TV or something on DVR. the hopper is rock solid when the joey's glitch. I have to reset the hopper or cycle the power to it to get the joey's to work again. every time it has happened the Hooper is on watching something when the joey's go out. I have yet to have it happen with the hopper not on and running. Is this a common issue with this system or is it just a coincidence that it got an update last week and now it glitches ? As always thank you in advance guys/gals!

It sure is not something I've ever run into (yet). I would certainly call Tech Department to report it.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Pull the plug on the Hopper and the Joey's. Plug in the Hopper and then the Joey's after the Hopper shows live TV. If this doesn't work then call Dish.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I I have had this system for just about a month and there was an update to the system on 12/18 and since then on 3 different occasions all of the joey's will just glitch freeze and sort of buffer all at the same time either watching live TV or something on DVR. the hopper is rock solid when the joey's glitch. I have to reset the hopper or cycle the power to it to get the joey's to work again. every time it has happened the Hooper is on watching something when the joey's go out. I have yet to have it happen with the hopper not on and running. Is this a common issue with this system or is it just a coincidence that it got an update last week and now it glitches ? As always thank you in advance guys/gals!
Happens to us all the time; especially now with the latest software. Went away for a while but now it's back with a vengeance. Doesn't matter, H3 has been both on and off during events like this. Only thing that fixes it is a H3 reboot. I have mentioned this in software release threads.

bump this thread back up to the top.
I still have the issue Dish has sent out 2 different service guys they changed all the splitters in the system in my family room I have the Hopper 3 and one of the joey's they swapped the cables on them and then down in the basement for the proper cable going to the Hopper 3 same issue. they gave me a remanufactured hooper I went though and swapped over all my recording to the new hooper which was a PITA by the way I made it 8 days and wham happened again today. a reset with the red button makes all the joey's come back to life. I have had them remote into the hooper twice as well while the jeoy's were glitching as soon at the remoted in the joey's clear up instantly. it tell me it's an issu in the hooper but is it a software glitch? one thing i noticed today is when it was glicthing I looked on the main hooper and the receivers were linked and they all have a strong signal but yet they joeys do not work. I looked at the network moca the hopper was at 5 and the other 4 receivers are anywhere between 16 to 18 in counts I'll assume that is breaks in the network?? It's annoying as hell it happens at the most inopportune times .. looking for feed back and or idea's I'm thinking it's a hoppper software issue? the joeys all had some kind of an update back on 3/13/20

bump this thread back up to the top.
I still have the issue Dish has sent out 2 different service guys they changed all the splitters in the system in my family room I have the Hopper 3 and one of the joey's they swapped the cables on them and then down in the basement for the proper cable going to the Hopper 3 same issue. they gave me a remanufactured hooper I went though and swapped over all my recording to the new hooper which was a PITA by the way I made it 8 days and wham happened again today. a reset with the red button makes all the joey's come back to life. I have had them remote into the hooper twice as well while the jeoy's were glitching as soon at the remoted in the joey's clear up instantly. it tell me it's an issu in the hooper but is it a software glitch? one thing i noticed today is when it was glicthing I looked on the main hooper and the receivers were linked and they all have a strong signal but yet they joeys do not work. I looked at the network moca the hopper was at 5 and the other 4 receivers are anywhere between 16 to 18 in counts I'll assume that is breaks in the network?? It's annoying as hell it happens at the most inopportune times .. looking for feed back and or idea's I'm thinking it's a hoppper software issue? the joeys all had some kind of an update back on 3/13/20
I just had to reset the H3 because my Joeys stopped working and then the H3 came back online but the Joeys wouldn't so I had to reboot them too. Now everything is working...for the time being.

You're not alone

A pain in the A$$! their customer service is horrible even know your talking to an "American" their service is better then DirecTV which is not saying much! hop[efully they get their act together and figure out the bug and FIX it!

I just had to reset the H3 because my Joeys stopped working and then the H3 came back online but the Joeys wouldn't so I had to reboot them too. Now everything is working...for the time being.

You're not alone
I have this issue on my Hopper 3 and WiFi Joey occasionally. Joey just drops signal and I have to reboot everything

Sounds like this is NOT a customer service issue, but a software issue. CSRs and techs are powerless until the coders define the problem and fix it. In the meantime reboots are a work around.

I also had a similar issue with my HWS and Wireless Joeys. They ended up replacing the HWS and installing a Snap (not sure if that helped or not). I also started treating the Wireless Joeys very tenderly. I used to click the skip ahead button 7 or 8 times very quickly to skip commercials and it seems the Joey would lose its mind and freeze or go to black screen. Now I click skip ahead and wait for an image on the screen before it hit it again.

Now that I have modified my use of the skip and skip back buttons, and generally waiting for an image on the screen before hitting another button I have not had any issues since the HWS was replaced. I don't know if it was the HWS, the Snap, or my behavior but the wife is happy that I am not resetting everything every week.

Sounds like this is NOT a customer service issue, but a software issue. CSRs and techs are powerless until the coders define the problem and fix it. In the meantime reboots are a work around.
Yeah, this has been going on for about 6 months now. It's frustrating especially when it happens while recordings are being made and they get ruined (by being split and missing 10 minutes of content) but taking it out on CSRs isn't the answer

if indeed this is a software issue then why bother sending out a service tech or even send a replacement receiver if it is a software bug??
every time I have called in they run though the SAME play book I can tell you every question they ask when I call in. no it's not weather no the receiver has not been moved. LOL!

if indeed this is a software issue then why bother sending out a service tech or even send a replacement receiver if it is a software bug??
every time I have called in they run though the SAME play book I can tell you every question they ask when I call in. no it's not weather no the receiver has not been moved. LOL!
Because that's what the script tells them to do....
But, I do know Dish has been revamping the known issues database and a lot of it isn't accessible yet

I'm guessing the CSRs have some sort of flow chart on their computers when we call in and a few of the outcomes after asking us a lot of questions are a box swap or truck roll.

Just had it today, but different. When my alarm goes off, I hit the select button on the remote for the Wireless Joey in my bedroom so the sound comes on but not the TV and I can listen to the news while I fight going back to sleep or getting up. Maybe 3 minutes go by and sudden silence. A few minutes later, turn the TV on, aggravated now and no picture no sound but the "Another TV has Reset the Moca Connection....".

Get up, Hopper 3 is fine, go to diagnostics and it showsJoey is Unlinked in Red.

Rebooting the Joey corrected the issue... I thought

Then 15 mins into watching Dish Anywhere on my Computer, it suddenly starts buffering. Refreshing and logging in and out doesn't help/
I go to reboot the Hopper and see the Blue light is off on the WAP.

Rebooting the Hopper and everything works now

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
my system is all hard wired and every time they glitch I look on the hopper and it shows they are linked and the signal is strong all in green. but yet they do not work until someone remotes in or I reste the hopper... next time it happen I'm going to see if the dish anywhere makes a difference I have yet to set it up but I'll assume that the app must look at your hopper before it plays your dvr recordings if the all remotes in for an instant I wonnder if it gives the receiver a kick in the butt to get going again??

I found out something VERY interesting last night.

I had an OTA timer set to fire at 11 PM and I was watching Ice Station Zebra on TCM on the Hopper 3 in my room. About 2 minutes after 11 both roommates came to my room, "TV's out again!" Well I had some other recordings going at the time and I really didn't want to interrupt them so I went into the living room and fired up the Joey there to check and indeed there was the usual tiling and stuttering making it unwatchable and requiring an H3 reset. I was about to hit the reset button on the H3 but for some reason went to the timer screen instead and was looking at the schedule. Hmmm... one 11 PM OTA recording, other satellite channel timers for movies started at 10 PM. I tuned in to the OTA channel that was recording and everything looked fine but for science I decided to stop the recording. Almost immediately afterward I hear yelling from across the house, "It's back!"

Now why would an OTA recording trigger my Joeys to malfunction?

And tcpuccio1 do you have an OTA adapter on your Hopper 3?

I do. I have the official "dish" one . mine jujst glitched again a little while ago I watched the jeoy this Am for the news and then switched it back on to watch the noon news and it was glitching. my kids were streaming Netflix on the hopper no an issue at all once they were done with the show they were watching I reset the hooper and they all came back up. no rewind 3 months ago when my issues started. I had the system for maybe 3 weeks ther was a siftware update in the middle of December from that point on I have had issues with the system. it was rock solid up till that point I had the OTA tuner for about 2 weeks prior to the issue as well I got it pretty soon after I had the system installed. do you think my idea about dish anywhere if it access the hooper may bring it back? I need to down load the App for our Ipad and see how it works and if it taps the hopper for a recording or the stuff is up in a "cloud" not actually from my receiver. like I said 2 times they logged in remotely it instantly cleared things up with out a rest. the girl at dish last remote in said I can't fix it now it's not broke. I said well it was till you remoted in and it cleared things up. she was clueless. I told her "you fixed it for now" there was dead silence at her end of the call.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts