Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

Still having issues with my computer... purchased a new liquid cooler and added 3 fans to the case, and still my temps are up around 90 Degrees C.

The machine keeps randomly rebooting at time or just locking up. :(

Even though we've fallen off from our lofty Points Production of weeks past, we're still #21 in Daily Average Points Production!

And NVIDIA has an announcement scheduled for Friday, hopefully announcing price and availability on Pascal-based GeForce cards!!! (rumors are GTX 1080 and GTX 1070 cards will be announced, both based on the GP104 chip)

Reactions: KE4EST

Yep. I'll leave this here in case you guys decide to get your arms race started up again. The 1080 looks amazing but it looks like the 1070 might have the best price to performance ratio at $379.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-pascal-gtx-1080-1070,31754.html

Huang also announced the GTX 1070, which also offers staggering performance. Nvidia did not reveal the number of CUDA cores or transistors that make up the GPU in the 1070, but Huang said the card offers 6.5 TFLOPS of floating point performance, and that this card will outperform a Titan X, as well.

Beating last generation's $1000+ card for $379 is pretty impressive.

I'm pretty tempted to sell each of my 970s for the $225 they are going for on eBay. $150 out of pocket for a 1080 doesn't sound too bad. Hell, I could actually make a small profit if I sold them and bought a 1070. Since SLI 970s are about as fast as a 980 Ti and the 1070 is faster than that this might not be a terrible idea.

Reactions: Foxbat and KE4EST