Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

Foxbat

Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana

EatMyVolts

EatMyVolts

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 19, 2007
pdx
Hope you had a good time on the lake.

Reactions: Foxbat
Foxbat

Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
High winds caused a tree to impact the power lines feeding our neighborhood to lose electricity for twelve hours. So another dip in the production…

• Wow
Reactions: EatMyVolts
EatMyVolts

EatMyVolts

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 19, 2007
pdx
Kudos to Harshness for reaching 100,000,000 points and to our fearless leader for reaching 2,000,000,000 points, :clapping

harshness

harshness

SatelliteGuys Master
May 5, 2007
Salem, OR
Kudos to Harshness for reaching 100,000,000 points and to our fearless leader for reaching 2,000,000,000 points, :clapping
Glad I got that in before it gets too warm to run my folders. They up the ambient in the room by 14 degrees (because they're terribly inefficient).

• Wow
Foxbat

Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
I’m going to shut down my Folders next weekend. We’re looking at cutting our monthly expenses and I need to see how much Folding has cost on a monthly basis. During the colder months I have always justified it as shedding heat into our home’s air space so the furnace wouldn’t run as long, but now it’s warming up and waste heat isn’t needed or desired. Also, I should hit just over 4,000,000,000 Points, so it’s as good a stopping point as any.

Finally, the whole GPU shortage caused by Crypto-miners and the Pandemic means I can’t justify the $1000 needed for a new graphics card, let alone the two I would want for my two Folders. I see by the numbers that some of the Team have fresh Folding hardware…:D

KE4EST

KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
I see by the numbers that some of the Team have fresh Folding hardware
I noted the same thing. Mine are the ones I have had, I just turned them back on for a few days. But, I may not leave them running full time.

EatMyVolts

EatMyVolts

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 19, 2007
pdx
Finally, the whole GPU shortage caused by Crypto-miners and the Pandemic means I can’t justify the $1000 needed for a new graphics card, let alone the two I would want for my two Folders. I see by the numbers that some of the Team have fresh Folding hardware…:D
I'm still running my same old cards, now that new cards are available the prices are just too too much.

Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Same old cards here as well.

Luckily mine at at my office at work where the heat and the electricity is not an issue.

Reactions: KE4EST
Foxbat

Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
I’m going to shut down my Folders next weekend. We’re looking at cutting our monthly expenses and I need to see how much Folding has cost on a monthly basis. During the colder months I have always justified it as shedding heat into our home’s air space so the furnace wouldn’t run as long, but now it’s warming up and waste heat isn’t needed or desired. Also, I should hit just over 4,000,000,000 Points, so it’s as good a stopping point as any.
I have set my FAHControl on both Folders to "Finishing" as I am at 3,999,981,749 Points as of 8:38am EDT. Most all Work Units have between 2 hours and 5 hours to finish, and just one CPU Work Unit has a 16 hour ETF that's at 8.3% (I guess I should have woke up earlier today ;)).

But May Day 2022 is my last day as a Folder, a little over 15 days from Folding my first Work Unit for SatelliteGuys.US!

Foxbat

Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
I overshot by a million or so Points. Too bad I don't have that kind of luck in the Stock Market... ;)
Foxbat Folding
If things change I will be back Folding for SatelliteGuys.US, Team 55236!

Last edited:
EatMyVolts

EatMyVolts

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 19, 2007
pdx
I overshot by a million or so Points. Too bad I don't have that kind of luck in the Stock Market... ;)
If things change I will be back Folding for SatelliteGuys.US, Team 55236!
So long and godspeed. :hatsoff

And if you ever want to burn a few kwh, come on back.