Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
He's going to run right over me also if I don't do something. :(
Oh, you have a good year or so to save your pennies. And besides, who knows what new flavors of the Turing family NVIDIA will unveil in that time…

Reactions: KE4EST
:clapclap:happydance:cheer:grinbounce:crowdbounceWoo-hoo!!!:crowdbounce:grinbounce:cheer:happydance:clapclap
FoldingAtHome-points-certificate-55236.jpg

8,000,000,000 Points!!!!! We did it!!!!!

Heads up for those of us with the "client-type" Expert option set to "advanced", the Core_22 GPU executable was released to the Advanced clients in "beta". However, there are some warts with the client and the Projects it requires. I had my RTX 2060 slot fail in an Error State due to too many failures on a WU. I had to restart it this morning.

The discussion is over on the Folding Forum: Folding Forum • View topic - Core 22 on Advanced

Ouch, the Project 11733 has claimed both my RTX 2060 and my GTX 750ti slots. I expect today will show a huge hit, maybe 40%-50% off where I should be.

What beta takes away, it also gives. Folding the Project 11733 when it was working showed almost 2,250,000 PPD! :D

The scientist running the Project pulled it from the advanced rotation for now. Lots of logs to go over and find what was happening in the real world.

Grrr™ After the whole Project 11733 and Core_22 incident, I was hoping for some smooth running for a few weeks. Nope! I saw that there were updates on both my Folders, and after applying them, the Dell T7400 would not see the RTX 2060 card. Turns out that Ubuntu substituted its own v390 drivers for the NVIDIA v413 I had installed and v390 doesn't know what RTX is. After a couple of hours trying to figure out why the NVIDIA driver wouldn't install, I think the solution was uninstalling all the NVIDIA 3xx drivers and reinstalling the NVIDIA v413 driver. Except then the Folding slots had OpenCL and CUDA errors. I had to re-install the CUDA v10 package and restart the FAHClient service. THEN, it was finally happy again!

My Mac Pro uses the Ubuntu NVIDIA v390 drivers since it's running the GTX 1060. However, I saw a bunch of mis-matched geometry warnings in the log which the Folding Forum are addressed by installing the v41x drivers. I wanted a week's worth of stability before trying that, but the Mac Pro had other ideas. I checked the FAH Control program on my iMac before going to bed last night, and saw the Mac Pro wasn't responding. Ruh-ro… It was on but locked up. When I forced a power recycle, it came up and started throwing Kernel reports, and when I could see what one said, it was the FAH Client had a CPU Core stopped for over 22 seconds. I've never seen that before. It, too, had updates, and after updating, my Windowing environment had changed to the new look (it had been using the 14.04 GUI) so at least that made sense, but once again, the Open CL and CUDA libraries were reporting an error and the GPU Slots were hosed. This took several install attempts and I finally removed all the NVIDIA v3xx drivers, replacing them with the v413 driver, and reloading the CUDA v10 environment. Success! That only took an hour or so…

I'm not applying updates ever again! Not unless I can guarantee that Ubuntu won't replace the NVIDIA drivers with its own. What a Windows 10 move!

Well, I had all my credit cards paid off and it just didn't feel right ....... Don't tell my wife

I picked up an MSI RTX2070 Ventus that was on sale at Fry's.

Now if only I could get it to run in my Mint box rather than Windows 10.

Reactions: Foxbat and KE4EST
I have a GTX 960 (runs great) and a GTX 970 (bad fans but still works) that I could send off to some other SatelliteGuys.US Folding Team Member if they wanted a Points boost. Seems a shame to have them gather dust instead of Folding proteins…

PM me if you're interested.