Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

I can't speak to the mobile 1070, but my GTX 970 when it was running would be somewhere around 400K-500K PPD. My GTX 1060 performs at an equal rate but with lower heat and power.

I don't know about mobile gpu's, I'd presume they garner fewer points because of power considerations but that's just a wild ass guess.

I found a spreadsheet that compares different cards while not definitive it appears to give good ballpark figures. Do note that there are a number of factors that will affect performance: Windows vs Linux, driver version, motherboard, cpu (yes it uses some resources), and what else is running on the machine.

A pair of 970's will make you a competent folder. Would be pleased to have you come back into the fold. :hatsoff2 The more the merrier.

Reactions: Foxbat and KE4EST
I was able to finagle a Quadro P2000 on my work desktop as I support a lot of people doing machine learning, fluid dynamics, and other GPU-friendly things. That was the biggest GPU my little desktop could handle that was available through standard vendors. Anyway, it has really helped my throughput. Unfortunately, I can only run folding@home on it when I am not using my system (nights/weekends) as FAH on the GPU makes the system unusable. I think there is a way [in Linux] to allow my built-in Intel "GPU" handle the display tasks while allowing the P2000 to do FAH, but I need to figure that out. All part of the reason I was able to get the ok to buy the GPU, as our customers want to do all sorts of wacky things with their systems. The more familiar I get with the hardware/software/drivers, the better I can support them.

Reactions: KE4EST
Voyager6, did you lose a quantum coupler or something? It looks like your average is down a few hundred thousand from normal.

Added a new module to the warp core this morning. That should put some more zip in the warp drive. ;) I have a GTX 1660 up and running. Expecting a points surge. Just might get me up to 2M ppd. :D

Reactions: KE4EST and Foxbat
I was looking at your Stats, Voyager6, and I wasn't seeing anything extra until last night. Then, VOOM! :D
…and now, not so much:
VoyagerDaily.png

Maybe it you reverse the polarity on the matter/anti-matter steam? ;)

It does look like something major went offline. Sometimes it is related to a server not serving up WUs or a problem with the client software fetching new WUs.

…and now, not so much:

Maybe it you reverse the polarity on the matter/anti-matter steam? ;)
That is what happens when someone uses your computer and then shuts it down despite the note that says "Do Not Turn Off". :( The system is now back up and running. I should be getting a good 600K in additional output.

Reactions: Foxbat and KE4EST
I temporarily switched out of dark mode and, yeah, I'll have to remember to be more careful with my colors. Of course, white on white might make my comments more intelligent :confused:

Reactions: Foxbat