Joss Whedon's 'Dollhouse'

Sorry but this show is DOA...it ONLY got the ratings it did because of SCC...but we know fox....the cancel the higher rated show and keep this dog instead.

They know it and that is why they are trying to 'draw' from the better pool of SCC and BSG.

"Hey Joss....a it takes more than a hottie to keep our attention....get a clue...."

I didn't think TSCC was getting such great ratings. Plus, there was a lot of it that I didn't like all that much. I'm not keen on time travel shows in general, but I thought their tactics were all wrong. Instead of doing everything in secret, go public! They had the hardware to prove their claims, so even if the government wouldn't help them, the public would -- for example, there are tons of UFO enthusiasts who are anti-establishment, and many of them have military or paramilitary backgrounds.

Both Sarah Connor Chronicles and Dollhouse ran about 4.6 million viewers per episode last season. Sarah Connor Chronicles was owned by Warner Bros., Bartleby, and C-2 Pictures; while Dollhouse is produced by 20th Century Fox Television and Boston Diva Productions. I would not be surprised if that had something to do with the reason why one was renewed and the other was not.

Correct, Dollhouse and SCC ratings were about even. Dollhouse rolled on with a much smaller budget...economics!!

Why wait until 9/25?

Amazon has the 2nd season premiere available right now.....

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002N2P1SE/ref=pe_14820_12986430"]Amazon.com: Dollhouse: Season 2, Episode 1 "Vows": Video On Demand@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41C9C4CQ-NL.@@AMEPARAM@@41C9C4CQ-NL[/ame]

I was a little lost the first ten minutes or so, until I realized the "deal" Ballard struck with Adelle. Good start.

EDIT: Uh-Oh! Just saw last night's ratings...#13 of 14. Looks like another "too good for broadcast TV" show that will probably go bye-bye.

Last edited:
I still cant believe they canceled Sara Conner (the show with better ratings) and kept this....

I will be shocked if this show last past mid-season...

I keep watching it and waiting for a reason to care...and none seem to present themselves.

Unfortunately, the show hasn't found its soul for the second season. It is showing in the ratings, as it is being reported to be down at levels for The CW shows:

CBS sinks; 'Dollhouse' punches through bottom--The Live Feed | THR

The Live Feed said:
"Dollhouse" (2.1 million viewers, 0.8 preliminary adults 18-49 rating) punched through it's previous rock bottom Friday night to discover a Fox ratings netherworld. The show dropped 20% from last week's premiere, which was already an all-time-low for the show. I'm betting the debut of Syfy's "Stargate: Universe" zapped some viewers (cable ratings aren't available yet), but even so -- this is too low for a Fox show.

I really cannot believe they havent figured out a way to track dvr recording numbers yet.
They have. The challenge is making good use of such data. Given that one main use of DVRs is commercial avoidance, they really need to figure out a way to use DVR recording data to gauge the very important metric of how many people are watching the commercials (as opposed to how many people are watching the programs, which is really not very important by comparison).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)