Just a friendly warning about DishStore.net/Metro25's rebate scam

Reminds me of a guy I used to know. If he won a $5million lottery, his first REACTION would be, "how much tax do I have to pay?"

Using Scam is way too strong imho. However, when I see a $125 rebate I don't think it is at all a stretch to think I will see a $125 check. If it requires me to send something in by mail for the price of a stamp, that is acceptable. But come on people, $16??? 13% less? I rail against government intervention, but it's things like this that make me second guess. And this is not a lottery by the way, it is an enticement to buy from the company. Very very different.

I must say, I have used them in the past and was very happy. They are very reputable. I just think the fee has to be very clearly stated, and that you will be getting an actual $109 rebate.

Again the price is set by the company Dish picked to handle these rebates.

I think Dishstore has to pay them as well.

Again if it wasnt for some dishonest dealers promising things like free dvd players and then never delivering on those items then this would not be happening now.

Perhaps a better way to advertise it would be a $109 rebate. Offering a rebate and charging to get it may not be dishonest, but it certainly isn't honest. Blaming your supplier is irrelevant. The customer is doing business with you, not DISH. There is no where in the process where you can warn your customer that Dish is advertising the rebate as one amount and paying another? The 'handling' of a rebate is the cost of doing business. It's fair to charge a customer out of pocket freight charges, but is it really worth it for a postage stamp?

Your supplier is making you look bad. Shouldn't you take it up with him?

Actually what I see here is that the handler of the rebate is charging the consumer 12.8% to make the transaction. That's a bit high. Normally, a company that hires an intermediary pays that intermediary for their service. Obviously what is happening here is that Dish is simply letting the consumer pay the load instead of themselves.

I do agree that it should be spelled out better and I wil talk to Claude about it so that he can get in touch Decentrix and make the updated to their site.

I do agree that it should be spelled out better and I wil talk to Claude about it so that he can get in touch Decentrix and make the updated to their site.

Or at least at a minimum the sales rep on the phone should tell the customer about the fee. Don't bury it in 10 minutes of recorded legalese, which I did listen to by the way, and I don't recall the shipping and handling fee being mentioned.

Also, I have reconsidered calling this a scam, but I can't edit the thread to change the post title. However it is still pretty shady.

First of all do you think I want to have you mail on a check for shipping to get a gift card as part of the promotion?

NO

I used to mail checks for the $125 all the time, and then some jealous retailer cried to Dish about it when they lost a sale to me over it and I was told that we had to go through their authorized vendor so they can track the redemption process.

As far as the gift cards, I'm paying the vendor $132 to send out a $125 gift card.

You think I'm happy about that? It's cheaper for me to mail you a check.

When you do the math, it costs them $5 to get the gift card, and then they pay another $5 to send it out certified mail. So overall the fulfillment vendor makes $12, which is not bad for them sending out the gift card.

I even offered to just pay the vendor extra to just mail the card and I'll pay the $16 without the redemption process and they told me no.

As far as our agent filling out the rebate form for the customer, again it's another requirement set by Dish Network. The only reason why the form is there is because there are times where customers will not mention the rebate, and this allows customers to easily request it after the sale is complete.

You will get your gift card after sending in the shipping fee, me and Scott will stand behind that.

As far as the $16 for shipping, if its really that big of a deal, for the person who started this thread or anyone else who gets service from us after reading this. Send me a pm with your account info and I will send you a check for $16 to cover the shipping.

Claude, I don't if you had time to read the posts here. The general theme certainly in my posts, as well as others is not just the fact of the $16 charge. The site says it is a $125 rebate. You have to expect the consumer is going to be looking for $125. If it said a $109 rebate this thread would not even exist. Dishstore is a very reputable place to shop from my personal experience. But I can not blame someone asking about a $125 rebate that turns into a $109 rebate.....

Tampa8 said:
Claude, I don't if you had time to read the posts here. The general theme certainly in my posts, as well as others is not just the fact of the $16 charge. The site says it is a $125 rebate. You have to expect the consumer is going to be looking for $125. If it said a $109 rebate this thread would not even exist. Dishstore is a very reputable place to shop from my personal experience. But I can not blame someone asking about a $125 rebate that turns into a $109 rebate.....

Why do you think I just offered to pay the $16 in shipping?

I have no problem making things right, but I hope everyone understands that this problem was created by Dish Network requiring us to do business this way.

The other thing I should being up is that i didn't know the vendor charges $16 , which I do agree seems a bit excessive.

Bottom line is that, this offer is still better than what your going to find from Dish Network directly or another retailer.

Why do you think I just offered to pay the $16 in shipping?

I have no problem making things right, but I hope everyone understands that this problem was created by Dish Network requiring us to do business this way.

The other thing I should being up is that i didn't know the vendor charges $16 , which I do agree seems a bit excessive.

Bottom line is that, this offer is still better than what your going to find from Dish Network directly or another retailer.

Claude, Scott helped explain the problem. Problem is, there are too many bottom feeders here that want to do nothing than pitch a b*tch. I have faith that you will reign supreme.

Claude, Scott helped explain the problem. Problem is, there are too many bottom feeders here that want to do nothing than pitch a b*tch. I have faith that you will reign supreme.

Thanks from this bottom feeder for adding so much to this thread with that comment. Who knew people who signed up for a $125 rebate really wanted it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)