Just another lie !

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It was the changing story he got from Directv.
You hit it right on the nose. I have the transcript from 2 chats that ASSURED me that what I wanted to do for 5 months was no problem. Then in live conversations I was told just the opposite. I am an avid sports fan and loved the available programming on DTV. But after paying between $175 and $225 dollars a month (depending on what sports were in season) for many years, just got sick of the run around. I will miss DTV, but at my age, I can"t take the Bullsh!t any more. Just want to relax near the ocean.

have you asked comcast if you can use it in both locations?
Yes I have. I settle today on the house and will have Xfinity service at both homes tomorrow. When I move permanently in September, I just call and discontinue service and turn in equipment. I can keep the same email address, which is a huge plus.

Yes I have. I settle today on the house and will have Xfinity service at both homes tomorrow. When I move permanently in September, I just call and discontinue service and turn in equipment. I can keep the same email address, which is a huge plus.
And they'll do this for the price of one location through to September?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

And they'll do this for the price of one location through to September?

The account in Delaware is treated as a new account and greatly discounted for the first year. After September, I will only have one location. My savings over what DTV wanted is well over $600 for the 5 months involved. A no brainer for me. You and others might not agree, but I feel very comfortable with the decision. I know that I will be hounded by DTV with offers once I cancel, but they blew their chance to keep me.

The account in Delaware is treated as a new account and greatly discounted for the first year. After September, I will only have one location. My savings over what DTV wanted is well over $600 for the 5 months involved. A no brainer for me. You and others might not agree, but I feel very comfortable with the decision. I know that I will be hounded by DTV with offers once I cancel, but they blew their chance to keep me.
Ok good deal with Comcast, but for the record, just to be clear ...

What was your objection to keeping the one DIRECTV account and simply shuffling the receivers back and forth between the two locations and not tell DIRECTV anything?

Just as the RV, tailgating, camping, folks have been doing for decades?

Though granted you would have to (or hire someone) install a dish at the new home ....

Ok good deal with Comcast, but for the record, just to be clear ...

What was your objection to keeping the one DIRECTV account and simply shuffling the receivers back and forth between the two locations and not tell DIRECTV anything?

Just as the RV, tailgating, camping, folks have been doing for decades?

Though granted you would have to (or hire someone) install a dish at the new home ....

My objection was and still is, that I would have friends and family using the Delaware home during periods of the summer and they would not have any service.

My objection was and still is, that I would have friends and family using the Delaware home during periods of the summer and they would not have any service.
you wouldnt have to take all your receivers
well unless you have 1 genie and minies

1 Genie and 2 minis is exactly what I have.
Oh ...

Then you couldn't use DIRECTV in two locations at the same time anyway. As the Minis are useless without the Genie as server for them.

I thought you had some HR24s or H25s STB receivers.

So why did you want DIRECTV service on at both locations at the same time when your equipment can only be used at one location at a time?

is that genie an hs17? if so then that is the main issue, as it will not allow a regular receiver or dvr

With Dish,
I 'take' my subscription anywhere I can get decent internet.
Our home is in AZ,
We have vacationed in several states,
Including NY and GA
and always had the tuners and dvr of our home Dish hopper available via the dishanywhere app/site and laptop/hdmi cable.
We get the 'traveling-locals' via tv-tuner-ant and everything else via dishanywhere.

:)
;)

Sent from my SM-G930P using the SatelliteGuys app!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)