Just Bad Advertising

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

LOBO2999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 1, 2004
Cumming, GA
I dont know if this has been talked about but let me know. I have had voom for 3 weeks now and the only problem I have is the lack of content , but I know alot of others feel the same . I think voom would get alot more poeple if they did better advertising , I work for myself and I am in alot of peoples homes and when I talk to people who are looking into HD tv programing I tell them about voom, the same for my wife they have no clue about voom , have never heard of it or seen it . I tell them about it and there like how do I find out more so I send them to there site or give them a number but there has been no one that I have spoken too that has been interrested in HD tv thats knows about voom . Voom needs to get the word out there some other way .

i agree there advertising sucks. although theyve hired a new company. They need to setup displays in malls!!! in BB, CC and compusa. I get email after email about Dish and D* why not voom? spam emailing would be so easy!!!

Voom seems to be adverising extensively on FNC. Since cable news viewers are generally more wealthy, I think its a good move for Voom. Plus, FNC viewers on average a younger (~40-55) than CNNs (50+), which is important because older folks are less likely to adopt new technologies.

Ok let me know how this sounds . I think Voom should send out some kind of flyers or small cards to its already subscribers and if you or I come across someone who is interrested in HDTV we could let them know and give them info on it and when they call in they would let Voom know who sent them and in turn we would get maybe a free month of HBO or something or a free PPV nothing major , but for the ones who have it and like it can pass the word around and help advertise. Just a though , I know it wont happen but wouldnt hurt.

LOBO2999 said:
Ok let me know how this sounds . I think Voom should send out some kind of flyers or small cards to its already subscribers and if you or I come across someone who is interrested in HDTV we could let them know and give them info on it and when they call in they would let Voom know who sent them and in turn we would get maybe a free month of HBO or something or a free PPV nothing major , but for the ones who have it and like it can pass the word around and help advertise. Just a though , I know it wont happen but wouldnt hurt.

They could that or do the same program that club dish has and give credit on accounts.

I think some insentive to get your family to join would be great. Like one free month for evey subscriber you get to join Voom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts