Just canceled Dish - Continue using 722k DVR?

Your ehd is now useless. Even if you comeback to Dish, none of your recordings will work. The hed is keyed to the account number. New account, Only an ehd keyed to that ccount will be recognized.

Sorry 'bout that, but it's one of the ways they build customer loyalty. They've certainly got me- but I have few complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

If your worried about being charged for it, just wait a few months and see if they charge you. If your not planning on selling it, then I see no issue. What you don't want to do is eBay it for $100 and have those idiots come back and try to charge you $400 for it.

I had the opposite problem -- Dish said that my Vip722 that I purchased years ago from Dishstore.net was leased!

I called Dish to complain and they said I had to prove that I owned it by sending them my receipt. Good thing I saved it!!

Anyway, I sent them the receipt and they updated their records. But the experience upset me so much I left them.

Last week I went back to Dish. This time I leased the DVR.

I had the opposite problem -- Dish said that my Vip722 that I purchased years ago from Dishstore.net was leased!

I called Dish to complain and they said I had to prove that I owned it by sending them my receipt. Good thing I saved it!!

Anyway, I sent them the receipt and they updated their records. But the experience upset me so much I left them.

Last week I went back to Dish. This time I leased the DVR.

Seems to happen a lot. I've had it happen twice with my 211k that I use for tailgating. I activate it in the fall and deactivate it after football season. Seems each time I try to deactivate it Dish tells me it's leased and needs to be returned.

I had the opposite problem -- Dish said that my Vip722 that I purchased years ago from Dishstore.net was leased! I called Dish to complain and they said I had to prove that I owned it by sending them my receipt. Good thing I saved it!! Anyway, I sent them the receipt and they updated their records. But the experience upset me so much I left them. Last week I went back to Dish. This time I leased the DVR.

Yea that happened a lot. It was just an issue of how the csr tagged the receiver when they went to activate it.

I have seen a csr tag a leased receiver as owned. This usually happens when you replace a defective receiver.

That's why they send empty boxes because most people don't know better.

So basically dish is saying if they screw up and make your owned receiver leased it's ok to steal from you and charge you for it or make you send it back.

Then it's also ok to send you a box to make you send back a receiver they say is owned.

Yea that happened a lot. It was just an issue of how the csr tagged the receiver when they went to activate it.

I have seen a csr tag a leased receiver as owned. This usually happens when you replace a defective receiver.

That's why they send empty boxes because most people don't know better.

So basically dish is saying if they screw up and make your owned receiver leased it's ok to steal from you and charge you for it or make you send it back.

Then it's also ok to send you a box to make you send back a receiver they say is owned.

"Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence."

I own a Joey. I still check now and then to ensure they continue to show it as "owned."

Usually I am nice and understand that they made a mistake but when it happened for the second time with the same receiver I was a little more upset. The biggest thing that ticked me off was the fact that I have the Hopper system and the business rules state that you can not have a leased 211 receiver on the account. The lady at Dish told me that I needed to provide a receipt that showed I purchased it. Since it's my business it was very easy for me to come up with the receipt but I tried to get my point across to her how stupid the whole situation was. How can my 211 be leased when it's supposedly not possible to have a leased 211 on a Hopper account. She didn't seem to get what I was saying and she still needed a receipt from me. :confused:

Or, you simply go to DIRT and get it fixed. I've done it a few times when I had a purchased 211K... Yeah, they are going to need a copy of the receipt the first time...

Or, you simply go to DIRT and get it fixed. I've done it a few times when I had a purchased 211K... Yeah, they are going to need a copy of the receipt the first time...

This was the second time it happened and they still needed a receipt. When it happened to me I just asked how is it possible to happen when the system is not suppose to allow a 211 receiver on a Hopper account. It just seemed very odd.

Usually I am nice and understand that they made a mistake but when it happened for the second time with the same receiver I was a little more upset. The biggest thing that ticked me off was the fact that I have the Hopper system and the business rules state that you can not have a leased 211 receiver on the account. The lady at Dish told me that I needed to provide a receipt that showed I purchased it. Since it's my business it was very easy for me to come up with the receipt but I tried to get my point across to her how stupid the whole situation was. How can my 211 be leased when it's supposedly not possible to have a leased 211 on a Hopper account. She didn't seem to get what I was saying and she still needed a receipt from me. :confused:

Script kiddie.