Just Cancelled (2/11/2013)

With Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, YuoTube, and Pandora being built-in to the Tivo Premiere models, the Roku wouldn't even necessary for most people.

The Series 3 has all of those too except Hulu Plus
True, but the Roku has far less problems with those apps than Tivo's have. The Amazon app on the Tivo doesn't include the Prime Instant Video streaming service. And there is lot more stuff on Roku players than can be found on a Tivo. I feel they compliment each other fairly well.

True, but the Roku has far less problems with those apps than Tivo's have. The Amazon app on the Tivo doesn't include the Prime Instant Video streaming service. And there is lot more stuff on Roku players than can be found on a Tivo. I feel they compliment each other fairly well.

I was just adding some info to GaryPen's post as to what the differences were with the Series 3 vs. the premiere ;)
I dont have a subscription to Netflix so cant comment on it.

I highly recommend the Silicondust HD Home run. You can record two HD channels at one time, or four channels at the same time if you have two of the units (as I have). You will need a computer and a properly setup home network... Running Windows Media Center on Windows 7, the guide, recording and playback couldn't be any easier. Highly recommended! The units are frequently on sale for about $65-$70. Very easy setup, very easy use, and NO fees of any type. Great over the air HD recording looks like the original program and the file size per hour of recording is about 5-8 Gig. A two terrabyte hard drive can record full seasons of your favorite programming. With all the low quality reality programming POOP on about EVERY Dish channel now days, we are depending more and more on our HD Home run and streaming (the ultimate 'a la carte).

Kind of sad to see some of our old Dish subs leaving.I certainly can understand why though.

Received an email from Dish yesterday saying "Please come back we miss you!" and offering me a discount package valued at over $500 including $15 off a channel package for 10 months, free Cinemax, HBO, Starz and Showtime for 3 months, free Blockbuster for 3 months and HD free for life. Of course I'm not going to accept. We are doing just fine having only OTA, FTA, Roku and our DVD collection.

Received an email from Dish yesterday saying "Please come back we miss you!" and offering me a discount package valued at over $500 including $15 off a channel package for 10 months, free Cinemax, HBO, Starz and Showtime for 3 months, free Blockbuster for 3 months and HD free for life. Of course I'm not going to accept. We are doing just fine having only OTA, FTA, Roku and our DVD collection.

Its funny how they dont offer all that while been a subscriber.. even if u ask is not given. :what:

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

We cancelled DirecTV, and switched to Dish about 4 years ago when we got Dish HD, and I've gotten a "we miss you" offer in the mail from Direct every month since!:eek:
I imagine the same thing will happen with Dish soon after we cancel them too.