Just checking..anyone get the $100 MIR yet

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FlyingJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
Bexley, Ohio
Sure has been awhile since we all got the great HD Tivo deal but alas no rebate check yet, anyone actually get theirs??

Nope, I had to resend my rebate form. 6 weeks after mailing it off all D* did was mail me out another rebate form. I've talked with as recently as 2 days ago with someone and no sign of any rebate from me. So now 2 rebate forms and 9 weeks later no rebate.

I'm not happy about this. :mad:

We'll I got tired of waiting and call them and ask an they told me they have not recieve it yet and this was a week ago that I called and I told them I sent it out 44 days ago and they said they would send me another rebate form ,I told them I was not going to send another one in and just ask for a $100 credit to my account an they said no problem . I called them number to check my rebate 1-800-824-9081

I just called and got the $100 credit as well. She at first wasn't going to give it to me. I told her I've sent in 2 rebate forms and that this rebate was to go to the purchase, like I told the guy when I ordered it. She backed down and applied the credit.

She tried to tell me that it was 6-8 weeks from the time they receive the form too. What a bunch of bull. This is why I hate rebates.

Thanks for the tip!!

I think if a company can offer a rebate, then the company can offer the same discount immediately.

I just got mine in the mail last week. It was about 6 weeks from when when I mailed it.

I got tired of waiting so I wrote tham and got this reply:

Thanks for your interest in taking advantage of our $100 DVR rebate offer. I hope you are enjoying your new DIRECTV DVR.
>
> When I reviewed your DIRECTV account, I found that there is no notes in your account regarding the rebate form.
>
> To receive your rebate please complete the form that was mailed to you and send it, along with a copy of your DIRECTV bill showing the active DVR service, to the following address:
>
> DIRECTV $100 DVR Rebate
> ATTN: D.V. Richards
> PO Box 425
> Mira Loma, CA 91752
>
> If you need a new copy of the rebate form, please visit directv.com/dvrrebate for a printable replacement copy.
>
> In addition, to be eligible, your DVR must be activated between 8/01/2005 and 12/05/2005 and the rebate form must be postmarked no later than 01/05/2006. Please visit our web site at http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/imagine/TIVO.dsp for full offer details.
>
> Thanks again for activating a DIRECTV DVR. Please stay tuned to our web site for the latest news and information about the DVR service.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Adrian C
> DIRECTV Customer Service
>
I didn't like that reply so I wrote them again:

Thanks for writing. I apologize for any confusion. You can expect to receive your rebate about 8 weeks after we have received the completed form. Please allow the full 8 weeks for receipt of the rebate. If you have not received the rebate within these 8 weeks, please reply to this message or call us at 1-800-531-5000 and one of our Customer Service Representatives would happy to research this issue further.

Thanks again for writing and stay tuned to DIRECTV.com for the latest news and information about our services.

Sincerely,

Lance
DIRECTV Customer Service

what a bunch of BS...still waiting
they can look at my account and see that I DID activate and WHEN!

Call them. They tried telling me that they had no notes in my account about the rebate form. I'm happy now, I got a $100 credit on our account, which the rebate $100 would have went to anyway.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts