Just got an HR22-100

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Decided to cash in a BBuy card I had with some cash and pick one of these up. Wanted a black model and more space, really the only reasons.

Its very sharp, like the blue ring and lights much better than the HR20, dont seem as bright and annoying. Setup was easy, worked first time with me Slimline SWM8 setup.

Seems to be as fast as the HR20, no problems yet. Going to enjoy the 100 hours of Mpeg4 :)

Current temp, after 3 hours is 106. Seems to run cooler, may still use my USB fan on it as I did with the HR20. Its also very quiet.

Yeah, i love how the record, resolution and power lights are so small. With it being so black, it just blends in with the darkness of the cabinet its in, very nice. Havent run into any glitches yet, temp got up to 108 so far. Prob gonna add my usb to the left hand side blowing in on the PS. I had the fan the same way on the HR20(except it was blowing down into the case) and the temp stayed right around 100-104 in the summer.

Yeah, i love how the record, resolution and power lights are so small. With it being so black, it just blends in with the darkness of the cabinet its in, very nice. Havent run into any glitches yet, temp got up to 108 so far. Prob gonna add my usb to the left hand side blowing in on the PS. I had the fan the same way on the HR20(except it was blowing down into the case) and the temp stayed right around 100-104 in the summer.

The newer boxes tend to run somewhat cooler, you may not need a fan on the new box.

Had 2 622s one open one on USB fan. Have 2 HR22s are running cooler, more elegent and more enjoyable to use. One hiccup and fixed without calling in. If I can retrain the wife to watch HGTV on 229 instead of 112.:D

Well, on the fan route Ive found the box runs 108 with or without it, so thats not bad. I left the fan blowing on the PS for 3 hours after she warmed up, didnt drop one bit. Also wonder if the temp sensor is in a dif spot.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)