just got another bud!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

htownjoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2007
splendora tx
hi guys! ran into a guy on craigslist that had a 6 ft prime focus commercial dish and said his wife wouldnt let him keep it! he wants to get into fta and traded the 6 ft focus to me for a 36 inch dish. this thing is like 3 inches thick and has a huge mount that must weight 200 pounds with the whole bracket. said he got it from a krogers when they bought a new one. there is no curve at all on this thing! will look nice next to my other bud. i am gonna try to experiment with it. maybe attach a c and ku lnb to it, and maybe find a motor.

will try to get one for you guys to see. it is not put together at the moment, but the parts are here and huge! i would say dish and mount weigh at least 300 together, it has a strange mount piece for it. also a mount piece with two slots about 5 inches away from each other i guess for the lnbs. my wife shook her head when she saw it! lol!

Hope to see it soon, Joe. If you're not careful you'll end up with 2 garages and 2 sheds full of satellite dishes and related hardware like me.:)

There seems too always be room for one more.

A good find. I just got another 6' satellite dish yesterday too. The wife isn't too happy since I already have 14 dishes in the garage. :) Women just don't understand. :)

The wife isn't too happy since I already have 14 dishes in the garage. Women just don't understand.

I am sure glad you guys posted about how much equipment and dishes you have accumulated. I am going to show them to my wife.

She made the remark the other evening "don't you think you have enough now?" I only have 7 Ku dishes and 4 BUDS in service with one BUD on deck waiting on the mount, and 5 BUDs in storage along with another 3 or 4 Primestar dishes. :D

I am sure what you wrote will be re-assuring to her. :cool:

Fred

I am sure glad you guys posted about how much equipment and dishes you have accumulated. I am going to show them to my wife.
Point out how those posts are by users with pictures of their dishes as their avatars. :D

Also mention that, on this site, those with many dishes (especially when they include C-band dishes) are very well respected. :)

i will have to get some picks up, the wife carries the camera with here everyday. i have picked up dishes since i am doing satellite service now. i currently have the following. 8 ft unimesh with 24 inch superjack 2 actuator mostly aimed at t6 used with toshiba rx analog rec. primestar 40 inch dish with 3*4 switch mostly aimed at t6 ku used on pansat 2700. 6 ft fiberglass dish not in use. 48 inch stainless not in use 42 inch stainless not in use direct ka ku 5 lnb dish waiting to be experimented with. dish 500 used on dn 110 and 119 dish net single lnb used on 148. a few channels. dish 1000 about to be used for experiment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)