just got another bud!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

htownjoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2007
splendora tx
hi guys! ran into a guy on craigslist that had a 6 ft prime focus commercial dish and said his wife wouldnt let him keep it! he wants to get into fta and traded the 6 ft focus to me for a 36 inch dish. this thing is like 3 inches thick and has a huge mount that must weight 200 pounds with the whole bracket. said he got it from a krogers when they bought a new one. there is no curve at all on this thing! will look nice next to my other bud. i am gonna try to experiment with it. maybe attach a c and ku lnb to it, and maybe find a motor.

will try to get one for you guys to see. it is not put together at the moment, but the parts are here and huge! i would say dish and mount weigh at least 300 together, it has a strange mount piece for it. also a mount piece with two slots about 5 inches away from each other i guess for the lnbs. my wife shook her head when she saw it! lol!

Hope to see it soon, Joe. If you're not careful you'll end up with 2 garages and 2 sheds full of satellite dishes and related hardware like me.:)

There seems too always be room for one more.

A good find. I just got another 6' satellite dish yesterday too. The wife isn't too happy since I already have 14 dishes in the garage. :) Women just don't understand. :)

The wife isn't too happy since I already have 14 dishes in the garage. Women just don't understand.

I am sure glad you guys posted about how much equipment and dishes you have accumulated. I am going to show them to my wife.

She made the remark the other evening "don't you think you have enough now?" I only have 7 Ku dishes and 4 BUDS in service with one BUD on deck waiting on the mount, and 5 BUDs in storage along with another 3 or 4 Primestar dishes. :D

I am sure what you wrote will be re-assuring to her. :cool:

Fred

I am sure glad you guys posted about how much equipment and dishes you have accumulated. I am going to show them to my wife.
Point out how those posts are by users with pictures of their dishes as their avatars. :D

Also mention that, on this site, those with many dishes (especially when they include C-band dishes) are very well respected. :)

i will have to get some picks up, the wife carries the camera with here everyday. i have picked up dishes since i am doing satellite service now. i currently have the following. 8 ft unimesh with 24 inch superjack 2 actuator mostly aimed at t6 used with toshiba rx analog rec. primestar 40 inch dish with 3*4 switch mostly aimed at t6 ku used on pansat 2700. 6 ft fiberglass dish not in use. 48 inch stainless not in use 42 inch stainless not in use direct ka ku 5 lnb dish waiting to be experimented with. dish 500 used on dn 110 and 119 dish net single lnb used on 148. a few channels. dish 1000 about to be used for experiment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts