Just got my Toroidal T-90

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ok, I had about 3 hours this weekend to play around.. I verified everthing was built correctly from Icebergs pictures of his own T90..

my brain hurts from this thing.. I have one of those sadoun sat finders and that thing comes in super strong, but scans based on whats on lyngsat I should find something.. but nadda.. I ordered a CS5000 so hopefully the blind scan will help, but whats killing me is not having anyway of knowing what sat I'm pointing at.. theres gotta be a better way..

That's tough not having blindscan when pointing your first KU dish let alone a T90.

When I was scanning the skies the first time I finally ditched the little analog in line meter. It keep whistling when nothing was there. I'd swing and hear a high whistle, tune in, blind scan, and nothing. I finally strapped on a legacy DBS lnb, reset my LO, and found those birds since they are easy to find. Once I found the DBS birds from 129 to 61.5, I knew exactly where I was at and had a feel for the dish. Then I went KU hunting.

I'm tempted to put the lbn on where 119 is suppoosed to be.. since I seem to be able to find that without trying.. then I can use my dishnetwork box to adjust 119 & 110 and hopefully 129.. once I get those the rest shouldn't be that difficult..

I Found Signal!

:up :shocked :up

I put 110, 119, & 129 LNB's on, aimmed per spec (angle 45 degrees,60 skew), found squat.. adjusted my angle based on the dish being at 90 degrees (no skew). After I got it to 45 I skewed it to 60 and the angle says 50 or so degrees. Now I move the dish around till I lock on signal on 119, by god I got something.. I check 110 I have something there.. 129 I have something there.. now it's just adjusting the skew and angle to get them all near the same strength and have them all have quality..

Does anyone know what the angle is based on? Should it be done prior to skewing? I'm guessing it is since I actually got some signal!!

Does having high signal and no qual mean I just need suttle adjustments?

:clap :clap :clap

I was cycling through the known TP's which work connected to my existing dish network setup.. 12224 is easy to get spot beam.. I forget what the others were.. I think I was a little too excited to find anything .. lol..

checking lyngsat I was at 12457 on 129 (since that's the dish 1000 logo).. on 119 I got 12253 which are my clear locals.. I forget what I pointed at on 110..

I was cycling through the known TP's which work connected to my existing dish network setup.. 12224 is easy to get spot beam.. I forget what the others were.. I think I was a little too excited to find anything .. lol..

checking lyngsat I was at 12457 on 129 (since that's the dish 1000 logo).. on 119 I got 12253 which are my clear locals.. I forget what I pointed at on 110..

If you weren't getting any quality then you weren't on the signal or had something set wrong. The SR should be 20000. Make sure you have the right polarity. Right hand circular = Vertical, and vice versa. If you have the reversed DBS ones it should be right, if not then you have to reverse the polarity on your FTA box.

1000 logo came in around 50% signal and 50% quality.. locals where coming in around 50% signal and 70-80% quality..

Tweak those in a bit more and you should be ready for KU hunting. I'm not sure how comparable my numbers are but on a 90cm dish the DBS band almost always pegs my quality meter at 100%.

Yeah, that's what I've been doing.. I've gotten 110 & 119 at around 80% quality.. 129 & 101 are zip.. so I'm guessing my angle, skew, and direction are slightly off ..

I spend a few hours each night tweaking it when I can.. but I'm sure I'll finally get this thing figured out this weekend.. I should have plenty of time to just sit there and tweak away without interuption and dusk looming.. :)

Yeah, that's what I've been doing.. I've gotten 110 & 119 at around 80% quality.. 129 & 101 are zip.. so I'm guessing my angle, skew, and direction are slightly off ..

I spend a few hours each night tweaking it when I can.. but I'm sure I'll finally get this thing figured out this weekend.. I should have plenty of time to just sit there and tweak away without interuption and dusk looming.. :)

101 is should be zip. No DVB-QPSK there on the DBS circular side.

I only have 3 rev circular's.. The one I'm using on 101 is a standard lnb.. I tried 91 as well but nadda, figured getting alittle closer in may help me adjust easier..

I only have 3 rev circular's.. The one I'm using on 101 is a standard lnb.. I tried 91 as well but nadda, figured getting alittle closer in may help me adjust easier..

Ahh...rev circulars..you're planning on doing the subscription equipment thing with this one. If I had to guess I'm betting you are off the arc as the DBS birds should be knocking your doors down on that size dish.

Yeah, I want 110,119,129 for my 2 622's and 501, then the rest are for my fta setup.. :)

I'm hoping I stop having signal loss durring heavy storms.. :)

ok.. this is very frustrating.. I got my coolsat 5000 in.. I moved the dish around, got 97% signal & qual on 110 & 119.. 50 or so signal on 10% qual on 129 & 91 has 97% signal and 0 qual..

I can move it around to get good signal on 129, but lose the others.. its hard to tell which way the dish needs to go to get proper signal on all the lnbs..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)