Just got off the roof

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

detroit_fan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2008
SE Michigan
We've been hit pretty hard here in SE Michigan with this storm and tonight the heavy wet snow stuck to the dish. I had 5 things recording at 10pm and saw the no signal message with only minutes to spare. Luckily it's a 1 story house and there is a 30ft antenna tower right next to the dish, so i can climb it like a ladder and easily reach the dish to clean it off. Went up and wiped it down, now full signal. First time i've had to clean it this year.

We've been hit pretty hard here in SE Michigan with this storm and tonight the heavy wet snow stuck to the dish. I had 5 things recording at 10pm and saw the no signal message with only minutes to spare. Luckily it's a 1 story house and there is a 30ft antenna tower right next to the dish, so i can climb it like a ladder and easily reach the dish to clean it off. Went up and wiped it down, now full signal. First time i've had to clean it this year.

Now that sounds scary!Our dish is also on the roof but,we have a high deck,I have an extended handle broom for such emergencies.

Interesting ....

I am just south of you and getting snow that I see, not out in it, so not sure if theres ice along with it, just came in from Detroit Metro earlier tonight.

My dish has been working fine all evening ... but, I'll keep an eye on it and check again in the am. :)

North central indiana here! Dish is clean as can be! But we're starting to get spurts of wet heavy snow but it don't seem to be sticking :D

You must see a fair number of Studebakers in your area Hutch.

Interesting ....

I am just south of you and getting snow that I see, not out in it, so not sure if theres ice along with it, just came in from Detroit Metro earlier tonight.

My dish has been working fine all evening ... but, I'll keep an eye on it and check again in the am. :)

it's been a weird storm. My buddy lives in toledo and he was getting mostly rain from this storm, but i was getting snow, and between us was ice. it seemed to change at the ohio-mi border.

Now that sounds scary!Our dish is also on the roof but,we have a high deck,I have an extended handle broom for such emergencies.

it probably wasn't the smartest thing to do considering i was home alone with the kids (age 1&2), so if i fell i was in a world of trouble with no one to help. but i couldn't risk missing the americans lol

it's been a weird storm. My buddy lives in toledo and he was getting mostly rain from this storm, but i was getting snow, and between us was ice. it seemed to change at the ohio-mi border.

Well, we got light dusting of snow over top of the ice, thats now slush ...
The roads are wet, the dish had the ice/slush/snow build up on it around 10 am and the signal started to break up some, so I went out and cleared the dish off and all's well ... :)

Sure beats Cable when the line gets snapped and your out of service till they can come out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts