? on sports pack and if I can get Pacers games

Status
Please reply by conversation.

qcjoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
Ohio
Is there a way to find out if I can watch Pacer games with the sports pack? Maby a database of some sort. I dont want to pay and then not be able to watch. I live in the Cincinnati area. My zip code is 45015. Thanks for the help.

You will not. You would have to get the NBA package. Same as Baseball or Hockey.

It says pacers with fox sports midwest in the sports pack. Would it still block me from seeing them?

Yes, you can not get out of market pro games unless you do what I posted.....

It says pacers with fox sports midwest in the sports pack. Would it still block me from seeing them?

where does it say that?
When I plug in 45015 I get the folllowing

with choice or above
FS Ohio (660)
Cavs
Blue Jackets

FS Cincy (661)
Blue Jackets
Reds

doesnt say anything else.

now as example if you lived near Lima, OH depending on the package the RSN's change

Choice gives you FS Ohio/CIncy
Choice Xtra gets you those + STO

Sports Pack gives you FSN Detroit but ONLY for Tigers and Pistons games. Red Wings games would be blacked out

so I ran some zips on the RSN page and basically you have to be in Indiana to get the Pacers games

Brookville, IN (furthest east in Indiana) gets the Pacers yet College Corner, OH (just across the state line) doesnt

Where you look at the sports pack. It shows all the fox sports and what not. If you click on it thats where it shows what you get from that channel.

so I ran some zips on the RSN page and basically you have to be in Indiana to get the Pacers games

Brookville, IN (furthest east in Indiana) gets the Pacers yet College Corner, OH (just across the state line) doesnt
Back in the day when I had dish and I paid for there sports pack I got it with fox sports midwest. When I had first dumped dish and went to DTV for a min I wasnt able to. Of course that was along time ago.

Where you look at the sports pack. It shows all the fox sports and what not. If you click on it thats where it shows what you get from that channel.

but you can't go off that. The link posted above (post 3) has the RSN link that tells you what teams you'll get with which package. If its not listed then you need the sports pack.
Some are real weird. As example in Duluth, MN (right on lake superior) and NE Minnesota you get FS North and FS Wisco (which is part time). You can see the Twins, Brewers, Wolves and Wild
Cross the river into Superior, WI and its Bucks, Wild and Brewers (not the Twins)

but you can't go off that. The link posted above (post 3) has the RSN link that tells you what teams you'll get with which package. If its not listed then you need the sports pack.
Some are real weird. As example in Duluth, MN (right on lake superior) and NE Minnesota you get FS North and FS Wisco (which is part time). You can see the Twins, Brewers, Wolves and Wild
Cross the river into Superior, WI and its Bucks, Wild and Brewers (not the Twins)
So it is possible with the sports pack then? I bet if I called and asked they would not know.

Its all good :)

Its easier to figure out when you live in the area of the teams in question. Here in Minneapolis its the MN teams only

The DirecTV web site tells you which professional teams you will get as part of your locals (as iceberg's post). You will not get ANY additional professional teams by adding sports pack. All professional games on the RSNs that are not part of your locals will be blacked out.

The DirecTV web site tells you which professional teams you will get as part of your locals (as iceberg's post). You will not get ANY additional professional teams by adding sports pack. All professional games on the RSNs that are not part of your locals will be blacked out.

True, but if you move up to a higher tier of programming, you might get more pro teams.

You will not get ANY additional professional teams by adding sports pack. All professional games on the RSNs that are not part of your locals will be blacked out.

sorry but you're wrong....see post 7
There are areas that adding the sports pack gets pro sports but you have to check the link that Chip posted

Great example is Iowa. If I run a friend of mine's zip (52406 Cedar Rapids IA) it goes as such
CSN Chicago is with base pack so she can see White Sox, Cubs, Bulls and Blackhawks
If she adds the sports pack (or goes to premiere) she gets FSN North which gives her the Twins and Wolfies, FS Wisco which would be the Brewers, FS Midwest for Cardinals and Blues and FS KC for the Royals

Here is a other example. Little Rock, AR

Choice is FSN SW for the Rangers, Stars, Mavs, Thunder
add the sports pack and get Cards and Royals on FSN Midwest (and the KC part time channel)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts