Just had Comast Xfinity installed. Internet and phone are fine, but I am disappointed with their te

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jeslevine

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
Boy am I glad I did not cancel DirectTV. Comcast has has less HD content then DirectTV then I was led to believe. For example, they only have 1 HD channel for HBO. What is up with that? ATT Uverse, Dish, and DirectTV have multiple HD HBO channels. I have a 30 day return policy, so just some inconvenience. I guess I should have done my own due diligence more carefully instead of relying on the sales representative.

The TV remote is not as good as the competition either. The picture quality is fine, but there is enough bells and whistles missing that I am not really happy with what they offer as far as the TV service goes.

The reason they don't offer as many channels is they have it all OnDemand, that is their rationale. We used to feel the same way but having so many shows and movies available to us when we want OnDemand is nice, just takes getting used to. Like HBO, there are over 300 movies and 90 series with full seasons available. And it's all in HD.

The remote is kind of lame, did you know the page up button will skip forward 1 minute or 5 depending how it's programmed, and you can change it to what ever you want.

You can re-program the amount of skip -
Step 1: Press the Exit button three times
Step 2: Press 0030 (to program a 30 second skip)

change the "0030" to "0045' for a 45 second skip, etc....then Enter.

I have it set for a minute, and on my Harmony 650 the skip forward is 30 seconds and the page up is 60 seconds, sweet, commercials fly by.

Last edited:
No I didn't know that Dave. I also am not real thrilled about there guid either. I have had Dish, Direct, Uverse, and even the old Motorola receivers with Comcast, and in all those cases the guides were much more user friendly. Less clutter, and more information about a show before you selected it.

Anyway, appreciate the remote features you shared.

Dave,
How hard was the programing of your harmony remote with your X1 system. I got X1 yesterday and need to reprogram my Harmony One remote tonight.
It was simple, I asked the installer the make and model of the box before he hooked it up and used the Harmony software, the boxes are listed. As for the skip button I had to use the remote to remote function and learn it, but it all was done in under 5 minutes.

Saw the commercial for the Sports App last night, looked cool so I tried it. Hit "C" and the screen splits and on the right all of the scores for all the day's sporting events. You can highlight, it will show what channel that game is on and you can select to watch it, easy peasy.

Hi SuperDave.

What you refer to as the enter key when setting the jump ahead or jump back with the page up/page down key, do you mean [OK]?

When tried that it just selected channel 30

Definitely, starting to get use to the guide and remote

Thanks

Hi SuperDave.

What you refer to as the enter key when setting the jump ahead or jump back with the page up/page down key, do you mean [OK]?

When tried that it just selected channel 30

Definitely, starting to get use to the guide and remote

Thanks
Did you try the skip, it should be 30 seconds even if it selected channel 30. OK is enter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)