SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 23, 2004
I just signed up for Voom. I sure hope they don't screw
this up. I am really excited about being a voomer. My wife
is very skeptical. She is satisfied with dish and is not happy
that she will lose some channels. I am crossing my fingers
that I don't become another one of voom's caualties. I am
excited if the pic quality is what I have heard.

Just make sure to get in touch with your local installer a day in advance to make sure he/she has received your equipment.

At least you are going to get her away from Lifetime, so she is not brain-washed to think all men are evil, cheating. lying bast*rds.

Warper:

I had Dish when the VOOM install dude arrived, so I asked him to just run the VOOM coax separately. He drilled a new hole into the house. My HDTV supports seven input sources, two being HDMI (the VOOM box can use component or DVI to DVI or DVI to HDMI depending on your TV). The installer hooked up mine with component and I then ordered a DVI to HDMI cable for $20 online and ran it myself (hey, it's easy).

The VOOM high-definition channe PQ is superior to Dish and Charter Cable, no question as I have all three for the moment (Charter for their HD DVR and Dish since I'm obligated until May).

Tell the wife that Lifetime blows and just enjoy VOOM. Wives come and go, but HD content is forever.

bruce said:
At least you are going to get her away from Lifetime, so she is not brain-washed to think all men are evil, cheating. lying bast*rds.
We aren't? ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)