Just lost all my recordings on Hopper (w/o sling) but my hard drive isn't dead.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ohioankev

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
This should be friday the 13th because everything has been going wrong today but the most interesting thing is my Hopper 2000. I just lost all of my recordings on one hopper but after talking to an advanced tech he was telling me that my hard drive wasn't dead but I lost all of my recordings because of the "Folders by Title" "Folders by Genre" "My Folders" and "No Folders" tags. Let me explain. For the past couple of months since S602 my Hopper has not been displaying some recorded events in my DVR menu. I would have to bring up the EPG and go to say Friday at 9pm on channel 194 to do a search and find all recordings of Impact Wrestling that were on my DVR listed with the On Demand and Upcoming airings. It was like there was a hidden atrribute on the Impact Wrestling recordings. Now instead of selecting "No Folders" (I didn't even think of this) and seeing if these recordings would show up on the DVR list I decided to do a soft button reset. Once my Hopper booted I still had to do a search to find the still missing episodes of Impact Wrestling. So I decided since I never did a hard reset since S602 installed I would just unplug it and let it sit for an hour. Well to my surprise my Hopper rebooted and i had one recording(recorded 2/16/15) and my hopper was 2% full. My Hopper auto deleted (by passing the recycle bin) at least 500 recordings, cleared 80% of it's drive but left the timers intact. The reasoning I received from the advanced tech was because I didn't untag my recordings from grouped by title to no folders before I did the hard reset. Also before and after the soft/hard resets my STB health status showed "Good" after running the diagnostics. Also note that my hard drive is not dead and that I can still record shows and they will populate on my now empty DVR list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts