Just moved stationary dish to 125W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SATisfied

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Lineboro, MD
I scanned in 5 channels, v-me, create, pbs and some others on tp 12180 v 30000 sr, with the Coolsat 5k, and there is no sound. Are these channels ac-3? They are listed as sd in the clear. Can someone enlighten me?

Yes, you're right. They're AC3. You won't heard them with your CS5000 unless you use a fix (bin or firmware) that was release some time ago which fix the AC3 issue on the CS5000. Remember you need a computer with COM port and a straight RS232 cable to load the file to your box. There are also some channels in this sat that are DVB-S2. Those there will be no way you can see them with your Cs5000. You will need a MPEG-4/HD , DVB-S2 FTA box. Here is a direct link to the files. I also included the Cs5000 loader so you can load your new file to your box, Good Luck!!

COOLSAT5000_006p_20091223-3rd party bug fixed.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
CoolSat Pro Loader v.2.4.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Will this enable the coolsat 5000 or 6000 to decode AC3 internally and output sound on the RCA audio stereo outputs? I thought all SD MPEG2 receivers needed to be connected via optical cable to an A/V receiver or device that can decode AC3 audio.

SATisfied said:
I need to get a Dolby audio receiver.
That's what I did.
But there was another option for those who didn't have Dolby conversion in their amp:

Sonic Voom for decoding AC3:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/156406-besides-g18.html#post1607936
Cyberhome CH-SRD 600R for decoding AC3:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/163105-ac3-audio.html#post1684029
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/163105-ac3-audio.html#post1684137

I think both were the same box, just with different names.

Also, don't forget to check your Home Theater System's AV receiver. If you are using a HTS with this Coolsat and TV, you might be able to route the digital optical output to the HTS system and hear the AC-3 audio over your HTS speakers. This is how I do it with my Onkyo system (receiver is an Onkyo HT-R530). If you don't have an optical digital audio input on the HTS AV receiver, check for a digital phono cable input. The SPDIF output of the Coolsat will work with that input also.

RADAR

Another question....is 125W AMC 21 the only KU sat that carries S2 channels? Ok....nevermind....I found 103W has the NBC channels. I'm trying to bring in the signal by adjusting the skew on my motorized dish. I got signal once, and scanned in the NBC channels, but now the signal is gone. I guess I'll just have to play with it some more.

Last edited:
Yes, you're right. They're AC3. You won't heard them with your CS5000 unless you use a fix (bin or firmware) that was release some time ago which fix the AC3 issue on the CS5000. Remember you need a computer with COM port and a straight RS232 cable to load the file to your box. There are also some channels in this sat that are DVB-S2. Those there will be no way you can see them with your Cs5000. You will need a MPEG-4/HD , DVB-S2 FTA box. Here is a direct link to the files. I also included the Cs5000 loader so you can load your new file to your box, Good Luck!!

COOLSAT5000_006p_20091223-3rd party bug fixed.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
CoolSat Pro Loader v.2.4.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
Are you saying this file will fix the AC3 issue without connecting it to an amp? :confused:

Edit: I found my answer in subsequent posts. Never mind. :)

no
The issue is the stock factory firmware (100) some of the stations wouldnt output AC-3 properly as the audio PID would show 65535 (which is a bogus one...its like a 0) instead of the "AC-3" version which is like 16452 (as example). The 3rd party factory stuff fixed that

So now I'm really confused.
Does this file allow the coolsat to get AC3 audio. Yes or No
LOL
Is there a "loader" needed to install these files?
Woo Hoo.......

Last edited:
YES
but you still need an external audio decoder. The 5000 will not decode it by itself (like the HD units do). You need an external decoder to be able to hear it

The software allows you to at least have the capability to hear the audio (again if you have a audio decoder attached)
Factory 1.00 its a crap shoot and most channels wont even log the PID to be able to hear it (so even with the decoder hooked up you would get no audio)

So now I'm really confused.
Does this file allow the coolsat to get AC3 audio. Yes or No

South,

Regardless of what the firmware options can accomplish, the AC3 audio signal is ONLY output via the digital optical audio port or the SPDIF phono (digital) audio output port. The AC3 audio signal will never be processed and converted and sent out on the R/L stereo audio output cables. The Coolsat just does not have the hardware to accomplish this task.

Therefore, the Coolsat 5K/6K has the ability to "DETECT" AC3 audio and pull it out of the stream, but it cannot do any further processing of that audio signal beyond just passing it on to a device that can "PROCESS" it appropriately. Such as a newer HTS. In short, the Coolsat detects it and strips it from the incoming signal and passes it on, but cannot "decode", convert or amplify it.

As Ice stated, you need the proper firmware so that the AC3 audio can be detected and passed on properly, but the hardware to do anything further with it inside the 5000 just isn't there. You need that hardware. Even the Coolsat 5000 volume control will not function fully (it will only turn it ON or OFF) but will not vary the level.

RADAR

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts