Just ordered a Sonicview 8000HD!!!Anyone else???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnnytuinals

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 14, 2005
Poconos
HD stations with NEW HD Receivers???

Ok I am leaning towards the Sonicview 8000 at a price of $455.
As I was reading in another forum it looks like you are able to pickup
HD stations from Canada from SC and BEV and DN without having nothing to do to the HD receivers from Pansat,Coolsat and sonicvew.
But if you want alllll of DN HD stations then you will need something thats called
8PSK and a sub broad thats around the $150-$300 mark.
I always thought with these receivers you would only be able to ONLY get the Outdoor channel,Pbs and a few Nbc Feeds ONLY without any upgrades to the receivers.......
Just want to hear from you good folks before I jump in......JT

simple...they're stealing it. They are loading illegal 3rd party software into the box and attempting to steal it.

We do not condone that here

You want all the Dish HD chanels? Friggin get a subscription

Thanks Iceberg for the infomation.
Its fuuny that I read that many just hooked up their receivers
and are getting Some (not all}on DN and BEV station only in HD on these receivers.No regular programs ONLY HD programs.
Most are Newbees it seems are Just Only getting HD stations and
nothing about downloading any programs into the receivers.....
I was kinda lost wondering why can they pickup ONLY a few HD stations from DN and BEV.
And as most would say iff you want all the DN HD stations you would need
a 8PSK and a sub broad and nothing about downloading software into the unit....
They say that Satellite Nimiq 2 will get yeaaa all the stations without any problems and you don't have to touch the receiver....Its amazing all the information you can pickup on the other websites and they don't talk about
stealing at allllll.Thanks JT

well I have been looking awhile at HD FtA receivers.......
The first units that came out this year was Coolsat 8000 but I heard that people were having problems with their software.
Now I see that the Coolsat 8100 will be out anyday but its just like the 8000 and thats about it.
I really wanted the Pansat 9000HD with the Blindscan(But it has nooo blind scan dammmmm}
I have been reading alot about the SonicViews 8000 and its very upgradable to what ever you want to do with it...
Its a new unit that just came out and I am sure it will have a few bugs....
But what got me if I ever want to put a 8PSK Hd Module into the unit I will be able too.
Yes I see HD units will be coming out during the year but I feel that the
$429 that I am paying is a very good price with shipping....
I would have waited a tad longer to see what comes out in the next few months but I feel that this receiver will be good for years to come....JohnnyT:)

For me it's gonna be the Fortec Passion or nothing. That is if Fortec can actually deliver on promises.

Although that being said, the price is a bit steep for me for the few FTA hd feeds out there right now.

Please however, when you get it, do a little review of it so we can all read up

Edit:

Whoa, this thread is all over the place now (since it got merged). My reply was not made in response to the original post in this thread, but to another one that is now merged in at post #4.

I do not condone using 3rd part software, nor do I want a review on that. I was just curious what JT thought of the FTA capabilites of the SV8000

Last edited:
I also ordered one after talking to Sonicview's tech support rep (Mario), he informed me that it has blindscan, hopefully he is right, if not, my Coolsat will suffice for blindscanning.

EDIT: I was sent a copy of the owners manual and on page 18 it gives 4 modes of "Channel Start Scan"

RED Function Key : Start Satellite Scan
GREEN Function Key : Start Transponder Scan
YELLOW Function Key : Start Multi Satellite Scan
BLUE Function Key : Start Blind Scan

Last edited:
It does have some sort of a blind scan(forgot what they called it}thats what I have been reading on a few other boards.
Yes I will give it some sort of a review when I get the unit.
I was waiting for Pansat and their 9000HD but I guess I was wrong but glad that I waited.
Its nice to see that it accepts 8PSK Hd Module (If you want to use it}
I could have got a Coolsat 8000 for around $370 or get the coolsat 8100 at $450 or sooo.

But with all the reading I have done I think Sonicview 8000 is the right unit for me.
Yes we can wait longer but I don't think any future units from other companys will do much better.........JT

Its got blindscan, kinda, it doesnt work very well.

the 8psk module doesnt really work right, the tp's are hardcoded into the firmware, changing the modulation type in the menu doesnt really change them. I was hopeing to catch the ocational dishnet truefta (heard it happens once in awhile, hasnt while Ive had it), also keep in mind the DN 8psk module doesnt support trellis, I should have reaserched more before I bought the tuner, lol.

im selling mine if anyone wants one, pm me.

if you got any questions about yours ask away and I'll try and help.

Last edited:
I thought that even the unencrypted Dish HD programming was not tunable with existing HD FTA boxes due to the fact that it is Turbo 8PSK... Is this not correct?

based on what I've read (WUT) some 8psk channels are fta if you have something that can use the 8psk deally bopper... mostly, up til recently, I think most people using that thingy either were legit subs or were using a dvb card... if they are building these directly in to fta boxes, that's a whole new arena that needs investigation... BUT, I suspect that as it becomes more popular a lot more stuff will permanantly fade to black.

I think that its obvious that the ability of these recievers to add on the 8psk module is for stealling service.

On the other hand, i know people on this forum using adapters (Genpix) to tune FTE feeds and zero key DCII. What I'd be curious is for that for the later and if legit firmware on the reciever enables the module or requires hacked firmware.

I think that its obvious that the ability of these recievers to add on the 8psk module is for stealling service.

On the other hand, i know people on this forum using adapters (Genpix) to tune FTE feeds and zero key DCII. What I'd be curious is for that for the later and if legit firmware on the reciever enables the module or requires hacked firmware.

As I understand it, the factory firmware for the SV8000HD does not enable the
use of any external modules, such as those sold on Ebay and else where.
Genpix's setups will not work in the SV8000HD at all. They will only work in a PC
or the Capitive Works 3000HD, which is a Linux based PC in a nice case.
No criticism to the original poster intended here, but, I don't see how reading
the other websites that discuss using these receivers to pick up dish & bev's
content, both SD & HD, that you could not see that they are adding illegal 3rd
party software to receive those channels without paying and not know or understand that they are stealing those channels. Bev has one HD channel
that is in the clear on 82W. It is an advertisement for their HD programming.
As far as I know, Dish does not have any unencrypted HD channels like that.
It is possible that you could accidently run across a channel that is running in the clear because of technical problems. But, not for long.
Anyone buying an SV8000HD box that is already up and running to pick up dish and bev's signals (SD & HD) might want to reconsider where they bought it.
The seller could be headed to court and end up giving up their customer list to try and get out of trouble.
Dish just recently filed a lawsuit in Civil Court against Viewtech(importers of the Viewsat brand and Sonicview as well as others) in California. Chances are that those brands could go away if dish can prove some of their claims against them.
grusome

the SV8000 will accept a DN6000 8psk tuner module as an addon.
But, not without the proper adaptor and as I understand it, the 3rd party software to recognize it. I don't
believe that the factory firmware sees the adaptor & 8PSK module.
grusome

Well I took the splash last night and ordered a sonicview8000 at $429(Not a bad price with shipping}I was waiting to see what will be coming out but my heart droped when Pansat9000hd didnot include a blindscan...
What I hear is that the Sonicview8000 has some sort of a Smartscan or Blindscan where all the others don't.(I can be wrong but many say the unit comes with a blindscan}
It seems many people are picking up BEV stations on Nimiq 2 right out of the box with out downloading software..
(Thats what many have said on other sites}
But the big deal is if you want everything (DN)you will have to add a 8PSK and a sub broad thats around the $150-$300.Thats if you want everything.People say its very easy to hookup....
But for me I am looking to see what I can get without download anything as of now.I just want to play with the unit and maybe down the road who knows what I will do.
And picking up BEV I would say should be no problem at all since the programming is from canada?
I willl give a full review within 2 weeks.......JohnnyT

Well I took the splash last night and ordered a sonicview8000 at $429(Not a bad price with shipping}I was waiting to see what will be coming out but my heart droped when Pansat9000hd didnot include a blindscan...
What I hear is that the Sonicview8000 has some sort of a Smartscan or Blindscan where all the others don't.(I can be wrong but many say the unit comes with a blindscan}
It seems many people are picking up BEV stations on Nimiq 2 right out of the box with out downloading software..
(Thats what many have said on other sites}
But the big deal is if you want everything (DN)you will have to add a 8PSK and a sub broad thats around the $150-$300.Thats if you want everything.People say its very easy to hookup....
But for me I am looking to see what I can get without download anything as of now.I just want to play with the unit and maybe down the road who knows what I will do.
And picking up BEV I would say should be no problem at all since the programming is from canada?
I willl give a full review within 2 weeks.......JohnnyT

All of the HD on 82W is in QPSK mode and is encrypted. If you or someone else is receiving HD channels on 82W then plain and simple...you are stealing. The only FTA HD on 82W is the HD preview channel. We at SatelliteGuys.us, do not condone stealing and do not want want any hack talk of any kind here.

This thread is already border line and walking on thin ice.....

If you want HD content from Canada, purchase a BellExpressVU system and valid subscription. It's the only viewing method we will discuss here.

Thanks for understanding...

I think if I wanted SC or BEV I would have to live in canada?
Yes there are brokers in the states that will sell you SC and BEV.
I think thats aganist the law for anyone in the states to receive?
Thanks for the advise and I will watch what I will say in the future....JohnnyT

I think if I wanted SC or BEV I would have to live in canada?
Yes there are brokers in the states that will sell you SC and BEV.
I think thats aganist the law for anyone in the states to receive?
Thanks for the advise and I will watch what I will say in the future....JohnnyT

Iceberg can answer this question as he's more up to date and experienced in the broker/gray area of CA services in the US. Check some of the stickies and other threads in the Canadian satellite forum here.

We at SatelliteGuys.us, do not condone stealing and do not want want any hack talk of any kind here. [/B]

This thread is already border line and walking on thin ice.....

If you want HD content from Canada, purchase a BellExpressVU system and valid subscription. It's the only viewing method we will discuss here.

Thanks for understanding...
I agree your treading a very fine line, drop it and dont push your luck
if you want your mtv pay for it!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts