Just ordered a Sonicview 8000HD!!!Anyone else???

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It seems many people are picking up BEV stations on Nimiq 2 right out of the box with out downloading software..
(Thats what many have said on other sites}
They're stealing it. There is only one HD channel on Bell in the clear and that is the HD demo channel (which I can see on the CS8K). The rest is scrambled.

But for me I am looking to see what I can get without download anything as of now.I just want to play with the unit and maybe down the road who knows what I will do.
no need to download software unless its a legit factory upgrade :)
It will work fine out of the box

And picking up BEV I would say should be no problem at all since the programming is from canada?
I willl give a full review within 2 weeks.......JohnnyT
?? Not much on Bell to get for free since its all scrambled otherwise. There are 1/2 dozen slate type channels on 91 and the HD demo channel on 82. Not much to get excited about

If you want HD content from Canada, purchase a BellExpressVU system and valid subscription. It's the only viewing method we will discuss here.
If it is indeed picking this stuff up without any hacking involved, how is this different than genpix device? Should that be considered hacking too since it's technically picking up stuff that is a grey area that you probably shouldn't be picking up... aka hacking?

I'll stick with my pansat 3500sd for a long while... no need in upgrading to a new box when this 8psk junk is going black in near future and new boxes will be out next year and every year for many years to come... which is good since mpeg 4 will be here before you know it.

But, not without the proper adaptor and as I understand it, the 3rd party software to recognize it. I don't
believe that the factory firmware sees the adaptor & 8PSK module.
grusome
this definitly could be, there is quite abit in the menu that apears to work, but isnt accually imlimented.

ie the volume, moves up and down OSD, but doesnt accually adjust the volume. lol.

If it is indeed picking this stuff up without any hacking involved, how is this different than genpix device? Should that be considered hacking too since it's technically picking up stuff that is a grey area that you probably shouldn't be picking up... aka hacking?

Any modification made to bypass encyrption (in DISH and BEVs case its Nagravision) is hacking.

Say this about the Genpix and receiving FTE channels from DISH would be the same thing for someone picking up a 4.2.2 sports feed. They both take different equipment to view but neither bypass encryption.

Say this about the Genpix and receiving FTE channels from DISH would be the same thing for someone picking up a 4.2.2 sports feed. They both take different equipment to view but neither bypass encryption.
true, maybe... but also, maybe Dish Network lawyer might say 8psk is encryption?!?...

true, maybe... but also, maybe Dish Network lawyer might say 8psk is encryption?!?...

8PSK is a form of modulating a signal. Just as AM & FM are. It is not an encryption
method. The 8PSK modules with USB adaptors are nothing more than tuners capable of working with several methods of modulation.
grusome

Sonicview has mpeg 4,But you need to get the Upgrade and the receiver will have
mpeg 4 then..........

Last edited by a moderator:

If you or anyone else is picking up HD on 82W other than the Free Preview channel, then plain and simple; They are stealing!

Let's not get on the hack talk as this thread is walking on thinner and thinner ice here. The mods here don't like deleting or locking threads, let's either steer this back off the ice or let it go altogether.

quote]Sonicview has mpeg 4,But you need to get the Upgrade and the receiver will have
mpeg 4 then..........[/quote]

removed the link....

cripes. What part of we don't want anything to do with people who steal can't some people understand? Yeah they have sooo much info (what is with the extra letters in words...what are you 12?) and it is all for the hacker WHICH WE DO NOT CONDONE HERE
Cripes I went there and the first topic is "Keys" which I assume aint the ones in my pocket

WE DO NOT CONDONE STEALING HERE plain and simple. Do not link to other sites like that

also merged threads together

Last edited:
If you or anyone else is picking up HD on 82W other than the Free Preview channel, then plain and simple; They are stealing!

Let's not get on the hack talk as this thread is walking on thinner and thinner ice here. The mods here don't like deleting or locking threads, let's either steer this back off the ice or let it go altogether.

exactly. Its gone on for too long and right now the ice is about 2 inches thick and I'm standing on it (translation...get back on topic and away from the "what can I add to steal") or it will be locked

Iceberg your right lets get off of stealing................
I only bought the Sonicview8000 because many people think that receiver and the coolsats8000s are the best.
Then you know when you search the net you find alot of others talking about other things yea can do........But lets just stay on one subject only...thanks JT

I haventy seen the Sonicview so I cant comment

I have the CS8K and like it but if it had blind scan it would even be better :)
(and a good motor option and channel editing options too) :D

I got off of the phone with a tech from Sonicview and the
tech did say that it has a blindscan on the 8000....
I was worrying a tad because many said that no units came witha blindscan.
And when Pansat with their 9000hd came out is was another disappointment.JT

I still don't understand why people make a VERY BIG deal of having blind search included for HD receiver. I would say most of the folks who are interseted in shoping for a HD receiver already have DVB SD with blindsearch, for the rest who don't have blindsearch receiver, getting one does not seem a dificult choice to make. Blindsearch are affordable now, to be precise they are cheap.
When you ask for many things to be included in one box, sometimes it just screw up and make thing more complicated.
good luck

I got off of the phone with a tech from Sonicview and the
tech did say that it has a blindscan on the 8000....
I was worrying a tad because many said that no units came witha blindscan.
And when Pansat with their 9000hd came out is was another disappointment.JT

I still don't understand why people make a VERY BIG deal of having blind search included for HD receiver. I would say most of the folks who are interseted in shoping for a HD receiver already have DVB SD with blindsearch, for the rest who don't have blindsearch receiver, getting one does not seem a dificult choice to make. Blindsearch are affordable now, to be precise they are cheap.
When you ask for many things to be included in one box, sometimes it just screw up and make thing more complicated.
good luck

holy crap I agree with ftarock :p

That's true. I use the Coolsat 5000 which has a blazing fast blind scan then load the HD stuff into the 8000 if I find anything.

And you're right...blindscan receivers are what 100 bucks or less?

good luck

When you blind scan with a standard receiver and find an HD channel, how do you know it is a HD channel? Is it obvious on most receivers?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)