Just ordered HR24

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Guy at DBS did this video. Who needs an HR20 hahaha

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pecWM_63Xkk]YouTube - HR20 vs HR24 comparison.mp4[/ame]

Yepp, that scroll may even be faster than an ViP. Big thing for me, is when I am recording off both AM21 tuners, the HR22 really slows down. Hopefully the HR24 can handle the AM21 load.

Yepp, that scroll may even be faster than an ViP. Big thing for me, is when I am recording off both AM21 tuners, the HR22 really slows down. Hopefully the HR24 can handle the AM21 load.
i get the same issues while recording with or without the am21 on my HR21. while the DVR records it gets really slow. the HR20 does better even while recording but its still a slow dvr when compared to the best dvrs out there. i'm very impressed so far with what i've seen online about the HR24.

hehe get a twenty fo dawg.. LOL

Am getting mine and add my new dual 2TB external drive = 4TB

Guy at DBS did this video. Who needs an HR20 hahaha

YouTube - HR20 vs HR24 comparison.mp4

Did it really take 26 pages to point this out ?

I actually think more people are concerned about if the channel changing is any better and the remote responsiveness.

Who need the HR24 ?
No OTA TUNER CARD IN IT, i DON'T NEED IT THEN ....

One simple little probably 10 cent item and they can't offer it.
They are not willing to give me a AM21 if I upgrade to any other recvr.
Why should I have to pay extra for something I already have ?

hehe get a twenty fo dawg.. LOL

Am getting mine and add my new dual 2TB external drive = 4TB

Are you saying the HR24 has a 4 TB hd built in and it will share an EHD without shutting off the internal ?

If thats so, now were talking about something worthwhile.

I have yet to hear about that ...

Are you saying the HR24 has a 4 TB hd built in and it will share an EHD without shutting off the internal ?

his post says he has a dual 2 TB external drive

No, HR24 is a 500gb drive. Think he is speaking of using two 2TB drives in a RAID external box.

Could be an issue, I thought the software had a 2TB limit, but that could have changed?

I actually think more people are concerned about if the channel changing is any better and the remote responsiveness.

Who need the HR24 ?

they sometimes offer a 50% discount. i got mine for $25 from D* 2 years ago. ebay has them between $25 - $40. the video posted by elwaylite IS showing the difference in remote responsiveness which affects scrolling, channel changing etc etc. thats always been the main issue from the HR20 up to the worse HR21-23. 21 being the worse.

Got mine

Just got my HR24-500, Man this thing is fast. I have a HR22-700 and it is going away.This thing is so fast i keep go by thing i am looking for on the guide. The only problem i had was D told me not to hook up the B-BANDS. Well i left them off and i got nothing. Then i put them on and WOW:).

Who need the HR24 ?

Jimbo, I usually agree with your posts, but this time I gotta ask if this complaining is actually serious? Do you actually think it scrolls fast and does not do other things faster? DBS has diff polls on diff functions.

The OTA tuner issue was beat to death 2 years ago. Even Dish is going away from it. Face it, we are in the minority and they are saving money. Can't really blame a business for making a business decision.

Best rcvr, possibly, Directv has released in years and you find something to complain about? Really?

Go enjoy ESPNUHD, or TravelHD, and take a chill pill. ;)

Just got my HR24-500, Man this thing is fast. I have a HR22-700 and it is going away.This thing is so fast i keep go by thing i am looking for on the guide. The only problem i had was D told me not to hook up the B-BANDS. Well i left them off and i got nothing. Then i put them on and WOW:).

All us guys that are used to slow menus are gonna have to readjust :D

IIRC, the bbc's are only used when you have a regular Slimline, not used with the SWM lnb. Or it's the other way around!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts