Just saw a commercial, DirecTV may lose AMC and other channels, is this true?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JUCJ85

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2010
NY
Says to go to keepamc.com.

Watching The Walking Dead and it came up.

The cyron that flashed just said "attention satellite customer" I haven't seen the commercial that said it was directv yet

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: DJ Lon
I'm watching The Walking Dead and a message pop ups that says "your satellite provider will lose AMC soon". So I go to the website www.keepamc.com and see that Directv may lose AMC, BBC America, IFC, Sundance, and WE TV.

Has anybody heard about when Directv could possibly lose AMC and if they are in negotiations for contract renewal?

Just saw another commercial, saying AMC is obligated for another few months, and that DirecTV will renew for reasonable offer.

So is amc going to fire up the old amc live stream for Season 5.5 in Feb, like they did when they had their spat with Dish?

So is amc going to fire up the old amc live stream for Season 5.5 in Feb, like they did when they had their spat with Dish?

This dispute will more than likely be resolved before the contract expires.
You won't have to worry about getting the channel elsewhere.

This dispute will more than likely be resolved before the contract expires.
You won't have to worry about getting the channel elsewhere.

I hope so, because that amc streaming site was horrible. I'd rather just stop watching Walking Dead again than log onto amc.com during an episode ever again.

I had E* when they had their spat with AMC. If I remember correctly only 2 or 3 episodes were not shown before their new contract was finalized.

I am so sick and tired of hearing about this crap, and if it happens we have to hear "well I'm leaving and going with a new provider". This is the NEW NORMAL, this is the way it is going to be for all providers from here on out, from Verizon to Directv and all in between. It's time for everyone to just get used to it and deal with it. "The sky is falling" is getting old and I am tired of it.

Just got an email from directv...

AMC has begun to message customers. Don’t let AMC scare you or your customers! Your DIRECTV customers will not miss any of this year’s new season of the walking dead or any other shows.

AMC is contractually obligated to provide your customers their programming for several more months and we intend to renew our AMC partnership at a price that’s fair for our customers.

We appreciate your understanding during this process. For the latest programming updates, please go to directvpromise.com.

Thank you,

DIRECTV

© 2014 All Rights Reserved

This email was sent by: DIRECTV
2230 E. Imperial Hwy. El Segundo, CA, 90245,
Update Profile Unsubscribe

I am so sick and tired of hearing about this crap, and if it happens we have to hear "well I'm leaving and going with a new provider". This is the NEW NORMAL, this is the way it is going to be for all providers from here on out, from Verizon to Directv and all in between. It's time for everyone to just get used to it and deal with it. "The sky is falling" is getting old and I am tired of it.
People deal with it in their own ways. Some vent on internet message boards, some actually pull up stakes and go to a new provider.
I do no think it is unreasonable for people to react in certain ways when these situations arise. Obviously some jump the gun on it, but such it is.
It is probably time to just accept that, and deal with it. :)

AMC Sounds Alarm About DirecTV Tussle During ‘Walking Dead’ Episode
AMC Networks has turned “The Walking Dead” into a bullhorn for airing its grievance with DirecTV. The cabler sounded the alarm during Sunday’s episode that its carriage agreement with the satcaster is due to expire at year’s end — before the zombie drama’s fifth season closer airs next year.AMC began warning DirecTV viewers about the potential for the channel to go dark in on-air spots and graphic snipes during the show, which opened its fifth season on Oct. 12 with 17.2 million viewers.The spot did not mention DirecTV by name but it urged concerned viewers to call the 855-KEEPAMC hotline or visit the KeepAMC.com website. Later in the episode a crawl popped up on screen warning “You are at risk of losing AMC and ‘The Walking Dead’ and repeating the Keep AMC contact info.In a brewing carriage fight, programmers have every incentive to get fans worked up about the potential loss of easy access to favorite shows. “Walking Dead’s” bifurcated fifth season will run through the end of November, and then resume with fresh episodes airing February through April.
In a statement, AMC accused DirecTV of failing to negotiate and even violating its existing deal. Reps for DirecTV could not immediately be reached for comment Sunday. DirecTV is in the midst of a merger with AT&T, which makes it a bad time for the satcaster to get into a public scrape with a programmer. The contract covers all four AMC Networks channels: AMC, IFC, Sundance and We TV.In a statement AMC said: “DirecTV’s agreement to carry AMC expires mid-way through the current season of ‘The Walking Dead.’ We’ve had a long, successful partnership with DirecTV and have great respect for their management team and the business they’ve built. Our goal is to continue our partnership, by renewing our agreement and extending our business relationship well into the future. Unfortunately, DirecTV has not engaged in meaningful negotiations with us, which leaves us to doubt whether a timely renewal is possible. In addition, DirecTV is in violation of our current agreement, and it has dropped AMC in Latin America. We hope to finalize a new agreement quickly but in the meantime, we think it is important to alert DirecTV customers who care about “The Walking Dead” that their ability to watch the show on DirecTV is at risk.”AMC has leaned on its shows in the past to make its case in carriage fights. In July 2012, when the cable group was in a long row with satcaster Dish Network, AMC crafted spots warning fans that they would miss the fifth season premiere of “Breaking Bad” because of the business battle. https://tv.yahoo.com/news/amc-sounds-alarm-directv-tussle-during-walking-dead-023132554.html

Dark days for satellite TV providers and networks
Nov 3 2014, 11:24 ET | By: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor

AMC Networks (AMCX +0.9%) continues to warn viewers watching shows through DirecTV (DTV +0.3%) that the company's networks (AMC, BBC America, IFC, Sundance, We) may go dark early next year if a new carriage deal isn't struck.
The disclosure was first made during last night's airing of The Walking Dead.
A dispute between CBS and Dish Network (DISH +0.9%) looks even more ominous with the current deal expiring next month and a good portion of the NFL season yet to be played.
A battle between Time Warner (TWX -0.2%) and Dish Network has dragged on for over ten days and left CNN off the Dish programming lineup.
http://seekingalpha.com/news/2085775-dark-days-for-satellite-tv-providers-and-networks#email_link

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)