Just Signed Up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

elam

Original poster
Jul 19, 2010
Tampa
I just signed up with the 1/2 off for the first year, lifetime HD and a free HD receiver. When I saw the 2 year commitment I almost canceled. I wanted to be sure I did it the right way first.

- I only have one TV right now so I don't need whole house.
- I have Dish now and I don't really use the PVR much so I didn't pay the $100 to get the PVR reciever.
- Is it the H24 reciever that I should ask for?

Does anyone recommend I do it differently if I may want to add a TV in the future. I really don't want to commit for another 2 years every time I change something. Any other deals to look for? Thanks.

Last edited:
I'd get the DVR.....BELIEVE ME...I was the same way. Oh I dont use the PVR much when I thought about getting D*.
I got a DVR when I ordered and "it changes you" :)

I'd get the HD DVR right away. If you **think** you might need another receiver in the near future...get it. You're only a new customer once

The HD reciever is free OR the DVR is free but the HD DVR is $99. I think I will get it. Is there another offer where it is free? Thanks for the input.

Either the HD receiver or the HD DVR is free as the 1st reciever
The 2nd can be the HD receiver and be free too....the 2dn HD DVR becomes 99 bucks

just checked on the D* site

I have the cheapest package (I don't watch many channels) so I would have to pay $99 plus the $7/mo. fee.

yeah I see that now. Choice only gives you the HD receiver for free...the HD DVR is $100

I wonder what would happen if you go with Choice + for $5 more for a month to get the HD DVR free then drop down to Choice.

I dont think they could. As long as you keep Choice + for a month they cant say anything. You are still within the qualifications by having Choice

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)