Just switched from Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigfame

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 6, 2008
outside Atlanta, GA
Got a same day install yesterday for 2 HD DVR's (HR22's) and 2 regular receivers. I previously had Dish and Charter, Dish for HD and Charter for ondemand. Now I can cancel those since directv has both. Anyways on to the point of this topic. Theres a few premiums that Dish had in HD that directv doesnt (HBO's and Cinemax's). I knew this before switching so this isnt a complaint I was just curious if anyone had heard anything about Directv adding these premiums at any time in the near future? On a side note I had directv before and left them because the HD DVR's would always freeze and require and reboot using the reset button 4 to 5 times a day, with that said and although Ive only had these for one day they seem to be running great and if they stay stable like this it will definitly justify my switching. I re-signed up with them after reading all the people on here that have had stable non-problematic HD DVR's so Ill keep my fingers crossed that my boxes stay reliable.

DirecTV has a reputation of rarely upgrading their premium offerings. That being said however, they upgraded Showtime last year to include more HD offerings. But I think that most can agree that D* is in last place when it comes to HBO/Cinemax.
As far as the boxes go, I have a HR21-200 and I have had it for year or so. I have had no problems with it except it (with all the HD DVR's) can be sluggish to respond to the remote. I know that they are working on correcting that so maybe that will be fixed soon. I certainly have never had to reset my DVR every day let alone 4 or 5 times a day. I think you will be happy to be back.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)