HR-22 HDTV quality

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dancrouse

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 27, 2009
Kennesaw, GA
I just changed from Comcast to Directv. For the most part I'm happy with the Directv; however, the HDTV picture quality appears to be inferior with Directv. Is that what others are experiencing also?

What connections are you using? Is Native on or off? My HD PQ looks great.[/q

I have native off. The room I'm noticing in is my home theater with a Dwin 4 1080i projector and 100" screen. It was great with comcast. The projector is receiving an 1080i signal from the HR 22.

Any help with this would be great. I would hate to have to go back to comcast in my home theater.

You do realize that the larger the screen the more any artifacts will show? With native off are you sure you are feeding the projector with an 1080i resolution?

What Comcast box were you using?

I'm using an HDMI to DVI connection. The setup is identical to what I had with comcast. I only switch out the boxes. Where I notice it the most is when watching the recorded Sunrise Earth from the DVR. But it is also apparent when we were watching a movie last night. It is possible that I'm not recording in the highest quality? Whether native is on or off doesn't seem to make a difference with the PQ. With native off, both the projector and receiver are set to 1080i. I do believe the comcast box was set to 720p. Comcast used one of those silver motorola boxes. The comcast HD provided a "wow" effect. The directv hd isn't doing that. Hopefully I'm missing something. Besides that, I like directv better. But PQ in the home theater overrides everything else. If I can't resolve, I may move the theater back to comcast.

Status
Please reply by conversation.