Just wanted to say Good Job Dish this morning

osu1991

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
I had a neighbor that asked me to come over and connect all his equipment to a new HDTV. He wanted to upgrade his old 508 and Dish 500 also, so he could get HD.
Called Dish up for them about 10am this morning, got a lovely lady in Texas. She got his authorization for me to set it up for them. She got us set up for a 211k and Dish upgrade. She said they actually had an installer in the area today if that was ok. Surprised me being that it was Sunday morning, but of course we said sure. She said he would call first between 12 and 5 before he showed up. Hang up and finish routing cables to the tv.

This is about 11am and I am going to run home and they were going to call me when the installer called. Well I am walking out the door and the installer calls and says he is available and is it ok for him come early. He shows up at 11:15. I tell him everything is ready just need the new Dish and receiver. He leaves the 211k inside and goes to change the Dish to a new Western Arc 1000.4. I had the 211k ready to go when comes back in. He gets the receiver activated and by 12:00 I am heading home to watch the Chiefs game.

The Kid knew what he was doing, and was the best service call I have ever seen from Dish. So i just wanted to give Dish some props for a job well done.

Glad to hear that we got neighbor set up so fast and got great service at the same time! This kind of customer experience is what we strive for on daily basis and we really appreciate feed back like this. :)

Tons of Dish Network trucks this morning in my neighbor and guess who follow behind Dish trucks.......Cable.

I had a neighbor that asked me to come over and connect all his equipment to a new HDTV. He wanted to upgrade his old 508 and Dish 500 also, so he could get HD.
Called Dish up for them about 10am this morning, got a lovely lady in Texas. She got his authorization for me to set it up for them. She got us set up for a 211k and Dish upgrade. She said they actually had an installer in the area today if that was ok. Surprised me being that it was Sunday morning, but of course we said sure. She said he would call first between 12 and 5 before he showed up. Hang up and finish routing cables to the tv.

This is about 11am and I am going to run home and they were going to call me when the installer called. Well I am walking out the door and the installer calls and says he is available and is it ok for him come early. He shows up at 11:15. I tell him everything is ready just need the new Dish and receiver. He leaves the 211k inside and goes to change the Dish to a new Western Arc 1000.4. I had the 211k ready to go when comes back in. He gets the receiver activated and by 12:00 I am heading home to watch the Chiefs game.

The Kid knew what he was doing, and was the best service call I have ever seen from Dish. So i just wanted to give Dish some props for a job well done.

Did your neighbor slip him some $$$ for a tip? Nothing says it better to a tech then a nice tip of some sort for a job the customer thinks is well done. I was never a sat install tech, but I've been a tech for 34 years, and I know I appreciate even a free pop or something when a customer is happy..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)