Just Wondering

overtimeman

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 26, 2005
Clemson, South Carolina
I thought I read in here one time before where someone plugged their cable to the digital input connection and did a scan and found there were some more channels than they had through the analog cnnection.I know it's for over the air signals but I thought I saw in one of the forums where someone tried this.Thought I'd ask before before I tackle the mess of wiring behind the TV.BTW I did get me a sony sound system and sony speakers.Has anyone in here had any experience with a quality am/fm indoor antenna.The fm wire antenna and am loop antenna just isn't getting the job done.Thanx,overtimeman :up

If your TV has a QAM tuner, you can take the cable coming from the wall and connect it directly to the antenna input of your TV. Do a scan on your TV making sure that it is set for cable, and if your cable system has unencrypted "Clear QAM" channels, your TV will be able to tune them in directly without need for any cable box. You can also pick up any unscrambled analog channels cable provides with the basic "cable ready" service.

Most TVs I have seen have only one antenna/cable input (as opposed to having a "digital and an analog input). I have seen sets with two inputs but there was antenna1 and antenna 2, not analog and digital.

For most cable systems the digital channels in "clear QAM" are restricted to local channels (including HD feeds), a couple of shopping channels and public access channels. There are exceptions, but not many.

Some TVs have a "cable card" feature like my Hitachi. Essentially a cable box that plugs in to the back of your TV like a game card plugs into a game system. This will allow you to pick up encrypted cable channels. The limitation is that you do not have access to "on demand", PPV or DVR features with cable card.

Hope this is what you were asking about!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)