ka sat signal strength

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jetwrench

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2006
Hopefully someone can explain this for me.I've got an h20 hooked to a 35in crt std def tv in one room(s-video).I recently upgraded to the hr20 in another room on my main setup which is hooked to a rca dlp high def model(component).At the same time I added the hr20 I upgraded my antenna to the at9,installed myself and peaked with an acutrac 22 pro.The 99 and 103 sat signal strength on the hr20 hooked to the high def tv shows 92 and 65 but on the h20 hooked to the std def tv 99 and 103 show zero.I have tried reseting the h20 with no help.What gives?

The b-band converter is not relevant, right now it does NOTHING. When the new DirecTV 10 and 11 satellites launch in 2007 you need the b-band converter to move the Ka-lo signals which you will get from the LNBs back to Ka-hi so the receiver can receive them. But you should install the b-band converter now anyway, it will stop you losing it!

You will receive your HD locals from only one or two transponders on EITHER 99 or 103 but not both. It looks like you are getting your HD locals from the transponder on sat 99 with the 92 signal strength. The transponder on 103 with 65 signal strength is a spotbeam for another city's locals, you just happen to be in the beam.
The H20 has a fault which prevents it reporting the 99 sat signal correctly, but it should report 103, so I am not sure why you do not see the other spotbeam on 103 (even though it does not matter since it isn't "yours"!)

So long as you are getting your HD locals OK don't worry too much about the signal strengths....

yes the b-band converter is installed.On a whim I did a force update tonight.The signal strengths still show zero on the h20 for sats 99 and 103 but now I can tune in the hd channels which I could not do before on the h20.I don't know,guess its a reporting glitch.the channels tune in on both recievers and the hr20 on the other set reports signal strength on the 99 and 103 birds.Just seems odd.

yes the b-band converter is installed.On a whim I did a force update tonight.The signal strengths still show zero on the h20 for sats 99 and 103 but now I can tune in the hd channels which I could not do before on the h20.I don't know,guess its a reporting glitch.the channels tune in on both recievers and the hr20 on the other set reports signal strength on the 99 and 103 birds.Just seems odd.

Like Texaxbrit said, it sounds like you are getting your locals on 99, since the HR20 shows no signal on 103. The H20's have had issues showing signal strength on 99 and 103 even if there are channels there. If you are getting the channels on the H20, that is all that really matters,

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts