KARE 11 (Minneapolis) boosting power

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I can attest to this

The FCC has granted KARE/11 (Minneapolis) an upgrade from 27.1kW to 45.3kW. The station moved digital operations from channel 35 to 11 last year. A number of VHF High DTV stations have reported reception problems, though KARE's application does not mention that issue. KMSP/9, the other Twin Cities station operating on VHF High, moved its 9.2 simulcast to a subchannel of sister station WFTC/29 several months ago.

good since I have some issues with signal once in a while

Channel 9 was smart...They took the SD counterparts of 9 & 29 (the other station they own). Since 29 is digital 29 the signal is much better on 9-2 then 9-1 (but 9-1 is HD) ;)

for folks using outdoor antennas in the TC area we probably wont see much difference. I had near 100 on the DTVPal boxes before today anyways ;)

Its mainly for folks who use rabbit ears or are on the outskirts of the suburbs (like my buddy who lives in Belle Plaine). They should see a difference. Or if you are in the rural area (like at the lake but we're too far from the towers anyways so this wont help)

watching the news right now on 9-1 since they have that news about the carjacking/stabbing/police shooting the suspect that happened about a mile from my house

strength 96 on the DVR Pal

41 I have issues with mainly because the tower is in Big Lake so its 90 degrees off the others

Although for you in the East metro it may be easier....me in West Metro the stations are at 45 degrees but 41 is at 350 degrees. If I aim the antenna that way it works fine but then I lose signal on 4,5 and 45

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)