Katie Couric Leaving CBS Anchor Post

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It's official . Scott Pelley is the new anchor. I guess they couldn't find another woman to replace Katie. I don't see him helping the ratings.

Isn't the evening Big 3 network news a dying breed in general? I haven't watched any of them in years. I do occasionally watch the local news (maybe 2x per week), but as soon as the network news comes on, I'm off to other channels or elsewhere. By the time I get home most of the "news" of the day isn't anymore since I have already read it on-line or heard it on the radio while in transit.

I grew up with the whole family parked in front of Uncle Walter each evening, right after we had dinner together. For much of that news it was the first any of us had heard it. Times have changed. Now we can get any news we want in any flavor 24/7. Most of us can get it "to go" as well. I have relegated the network evening news shows to antiquity. I think their ratings indicate others have as well.

Bob H. - I'm guessing you DVR the news. If you miss Katie you could always watch re-runs...!

dfergie said:
I turn on the local CBS affiliate (can't stand Judge Judy ;)) & end up catching some of Katie before switching to Brian Williams at 5:30 (or I watch it live from WNBC depending on what's going on)...

My wife can't stand Judge Judy because she is so loud and disrespectful to her litigants. Of course, I don't mind her since the people in her courtroom are often Jerry Springer rejects.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

Judy makes me laugh because she really brings out the "stupid' in people. She is also very against people who are of able body living off the system and she points it out to them quite regularly (which makes me laugh as well).

According to a few reports Couric is going to ABC to do a talk show (Please no) and General Hospital will be cancelled. It's just a rumor I believe.

Scott Pelley is a 60 minutes anchor and a respected journalist to boot. good luck to him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)