Kaul-Tronic BUD - suggestions on how to move it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jullius

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 21, 2009
La Crosse, WI
I have someone who is willing to let me have there old BUD. I took some pictures, but I forgot to bring a tape measure. They claim it is about 9.5 feet in diameter.

I'm a total newbie when it comes to C-band. Any insight on the best way to begin taking this dish down?

Attachments

• image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 247
  • image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    866.2 KB · Views: 219
  • image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    964.8 KB · Views: 207
First, you get a hammer....LOL

No, just look at how it comes apart, usually I remove the feed and (in your case) buttonhook (if there's a way, I don't know how that one is made...), then remove the dish itself from the mount, there's usually 3 or 4 bolts holding it to the mount itself.
Then you can remove the mount from the pole. And yes, it ain't a one man job. Unless you have a crane.
Disassembling the dish, now that's something else. We'll need to see some pics of the back. Or maybe one of the fellers might know.

Anyway, nice find! :up

I have someone who is willing to let me have there old BUD. I took some pictures, but I forgot to bring a tape measure. They claim it is about 9.5 feet in diameter.

I'm a total newbie when it comes to C-band. Any insight on the best way to begin taking this dish down?

I got the exact same dish in Western Wisconsin. It is 3 Meters or 9 feet and 10 inches.

I took apart the entire metal mount and was able to place the dish on its edge and roll it to the truck and put it in the bed of the truck drove home for about an hour only going 50 mph... I did this BUD move by myself and would have liked to take along another helper. Mesh pannel are easy to take out and put back in as they just slide in/out and have the rubber gripper on the outside edge to keep them in. Make sure the arm holding the lnb isn't bent or anything, it is easy to adjust focal depth but if it is bent then it will not be perpendicular to the plane of the dish.

Ahh that brings back many good memories of my old Trans 10. Mine was an early version that had the big mesh and wouldn't have been a good performer on KU. My dad had a later version with tight mesh and it did quite well on KU. Mine was at my old residence and the feed support got took out by a tree a couple of years ago...it hadn't been used in years.

where do you live? i saw a dish like that around louisana,MO

the mesh looks good for cband i would check to see if the buttonhook has sagged

I found this one in Western Wisconsin. About an hour from where I live in MN. From what I have gathered this brand used to be made in Richland Center, WI by Kaul-Tronincs Inc. AKA KTI.

I will let you know how it goes. I'm going back next week to take it down. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)