kbox pid scan

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tofer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 9, 2005
Grande Prairie AB Canada
Just recently picked up a used kbox prodigy, and can't for the life of me manually setup the cw chans. on 91. Used the same numbers that are in my old trusty stb (fortec lifetime ultra) and nada. Nice picture and blind scan on this unit , but if I cant get this to scan 91 I dunno how much use it will be. Thanks for any reply. I realize this is not a popular fta box.

If you can use the Channel Master editor from sharpc, you can add the cw data to the 91w satellite pretty easily. I've now done it several times after doing a factory reset on a CS 4000. Only thing is that you need access to a computer (or usb adapter) that has an RS232 port.

I noticed the same thing when installing a C/Ku band system for a customer who had K-Box receivers as well. It appears the manual PID scan feature does not work as it fails to add any new channels even if the correct VPID, APID and PCR values are entered.

As far as the Coolsat "trick" is mentioned, I'm not sure if this will work for K-Box as I don't believe you can edit PID's once the channels are scanned in with this receiver. Only way would be to find another TP on some other satellite which uses the same PID values (i.e. 101, 102, 101, etc...) and scan it using the Galaxy 17 satellite on the receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts