KBS World...GONE

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I just got Dish 1000+ installed. Used to have two Dish satellites. One for TurboHd and the other pointing 61.5 for KBS World. When I subscribed to Arirang TV, they removed the 2 Dish satellites and installed one Dish 1000+.

My question is, why is the quality on KBS World so much worse on 118.7 than it is on 61.5? Is anyone else having this issue or is it just me? If it is just me, could it be a faulty LNB or something?

I just got Dish 1000+ installed. Used to have two Dish satellites. One for TurboHd and the other pointing 61.5 for KBS World. When I subscribed to Arirang TV, they removed the 2 Dish satellites and installed one Dish 1000+.

My question is, why is the quality on KBS World so much worse on 118.7 than it is on 61.5? Is anyone else having this issue or is it just me? If it is just me, could it be a faulty LNB or something?

No it's not you, I did a PIP comparison side by side of KBS World on 118.7 and 61.5, there is a difference. I took a screen shot of the logos and even tho its not the best screen shot, u can see a difference:

118.7 pic
http://www.satelliteguys.us/photopost/showfull.php?photo=1674
You can see how blurry it is

61.5 pic
http://www.satelliteguys.us/photopost/showfull.php?photo=1673
Much clearer than 118.7 version

Last edited:
You could sound off an e-mail to dishquality @ echostar.com Since it's on 118.7, surely they have some room on there to play around with, they should be able to "tweak" it some.

No, not just you. Yes, 118.7 is noticeably inferior PQ than what I had at 148. I saw this the very fist 5 seconds I watched 118.7. Very Sad.

Most likely COMPRESSION. Dish is squeezing all the internationals AND some LIL at 118.7. The transponders are very crowded. I can't recall the bandwidth they have with the FSS at 118.7. Is it greater bandwidth per transponder of less? I forget. I don't see PQ getting any better unless the encoders get better and Dish installs those in place of the current ones. Unfortunately, Dish probably feels that international subs aren't going to be that picky about PQ and they can get away with it. I have gotten used to the fuzzy PQ, but it does bother me at times.

When I first got this station, it was sharp and clear.

A year later, the picture quality looks blurry.

A few months ago this year, they adjust the sharp quality back, but the picture looks yellow or brown. Then...a few days later, back to the blurry picture again. I read on another forum that other viewers had the same problem with the picture quality. They said it was blurry, but better than nothing.

Atleast, the station finally fix the audio problem. The audio sounds different on every program back then. When watching a tv show one after another, you can tell the audio is very soft and low. You need to turn the volume to atleast 30+++ to get a solid audio. This doesn't occur on other stations except KBS.

What channel number is the 61.5 signal? They got 3 different channel numbers back then...652, 704 and 98##.

No, not just you. Yes, 118.7 is noticeably inferior PQ than what I had at 148. I saw this the very fist 5 seconds I watched 118.7. Very Sad.

Most likely COMPRESSION. Dish is squeezing all the internationals AND some LIL at 118.7. The transponders are very crowded. I can't recall the bandwidth they have with the FSS at 118.7. Is it greater bandwidth per transponder of less? I forget. I don't see PQ getting any better unless the encoders get better and Dish installs those in place of the current ones. Unfortunately, Dish probably feels that international subs aren't going to be that picky about PQ and they can get away with it. I have gotten used to the fuzzy PQ, but it does bother me at times.

Nothing to do with Dish Network...I think. Blame the station. And, it is located in Los Angeles, CA. You know how much smog and pollution down in LA. When I had cable back then, I got a station AZN, International Channel. The picture quality was terrible. I even hear loud thunder lighting sounds in between.

When I turn to TV Japan, it looks sharp and clear just like KBS back when I first got it. TV Japan station is located in New York.

I look at the SBS channel on Direct TV and it is sharp and clear with better colors. SBS is also located in Los Angeles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts