Simple DVR for motor home.

McGoo

Original poster
Mar 12, 2009
Where ever I stop!
I'm looking for a Dish DVR that is simple for my motor home. I have a portable antenae and no HD. Only recieve satellite 119 and only need to record approx. 150 hours. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I assume you mean DVR? The current SD (non-HD) DVR is the 625. It records 150 hours of SD. If you think you want to expand to HD in the future you could go with the 612 or the 722 (but sounds like you're better off with just a 625 now).

I assume you mean DVR? The current SD (non-HD) DVR is the 625. It records 150 hours of SD. If you think you want to expand to HD in the future you could go with the 612 or the 722 (but sounds like you're better off with just a 625 now).
Yes, hit the wrong key. Lots of bad press on this forum about VIP 625? I have a VIP 722 with King Dome now, but when it rains I lose reception and just want a backup.

Yes, hit the wrong key. Lots of bad press on this forum about VIP 625? I have a VIP 722 with King Dome now, but when it rains I lose reception and just want a backup.
Another receiver should be just as prone to rain fade, wouldn't it?

When I installed my 722 to King Dome, I had to use 2 seperate lines to the receiver. Having just one line from my portable ant., can I use a splitter at the receiver or will I even need a splitter?

The DPP Separator is a specific type of diplexer. It takes the output of a DishPro Plus switch and directs the regular DBS band to one tuner input and the stacked DishPro band to the other. This is the only way to feed a Dish dual-tuner receiver from one line.

A splitter sends the same signal to both outputs.

Another suggestion is to step up to the HD 211 or 211k, with an add-on external HDD. You'll be able to watch and record local OTA, though not necessarily with titles from the guide if you can't see the satellite your own locals come from.

The 211k is a compact box, but having to add an EHD with its own power plug may be a disadvantage compared to a DVR receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts