KC locals HD stutter and pixelate

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tekmandan

Original poster
Feb 7, 2009
Missouri
Hi, long time reader, first time poster.

I have two 612 and two 211 recievers.

HD Kansas City local on both 612's will stutter and pixelate every few seconds. The SD version of the channels are fine. All other HD channels are fine.

Hard Reset does not fix the problem, resetting the switch (DPP44) does not fix the problem. Software version on the 612's is L602. This problem started happening Thursday (feb 5th).

I called Dishnetwork support and after troubleshooting they are sending someone out because they claim something has to be wrong on my end but I don't know what it would be if the 211's work fine with the HD locals and all other non local HD channels work fine on the 612's. They claim it could be faulty reciever ( i guess both went bad at the same time), or grounding issue.

Anyone have any ideas that I can try? The tech won't show up until next thursday.

I was watching the shootout as well (or atleast trying with the stuttering/pixelateing) but it does it on all my locals. Including ABC, CBS, and NBC all out of KC.

:confused:

It's doing the same thing on all my locals too! I checked the OTA signal and it's not there. If you have a DVR you can record it. The pixelation is for one frame on the lower 1/3 of my screen. I have a 622 and a 211 and bothe started at the same time.(when they switched the locals from conus 129 to spotbeam 129.

I suspect that there is something the 612s can not handle correctly with the locals going to spotbeam.

The way my TVs are setup between the living room and master bedroom I can watch both TVs at one time standing at a certain spot. These tv's are connected to seperate 612s (via HDMI) and while on the same local channel they stutter and pixelate at exactly the same time.

Meanwhile both my 211's don't have this problem.

This seemed to start for me about 2/3/2009, when did they change to spotbeam? I too can see the issue on both of my 612''s occurring simultaneously. I called Dish tech support, and they were unaware of any problem. I'm to call them back tomorrow if there's still a problem and they'll 'send somebody out' - which I doubt will have any affect. Will swapping for the 622 fix things? Is the 622 better than the 612?

edit: I talked with Tech support again, and after fully testing the signal and the dvr's they wanted to send out a tech. I asked why, since we'd already established the problem wasn't mine - so they opened some ephemeral tech ticket and told me to call back in 2 days if it wasn't working. Bah.

Last edited:
I hesitated to jump into this thread because I had only noticed some very slight problems during the Grammys on Sunday night. However, we were watching "24" last night off the satellite feed of WDAF and the "tearing" in the bottom 1/3 of the screen was very annoying and pretty constant. This is on a 622, BTW. I haven't checked the 722 for this problem yet.

So far, we've only seen this on KCTV and WDAF, but I think it's time to report this issue to E* so they can get to work on it. I hope it's not a case of the spotbeam being hosed.

Anyway, I'm emailing dishquality(at)echostar(dot)com this morning. I suggest everyone else with this issue do the same.

Brad

Last edited:
I just got an email back from dishquality. They claim to now have the problem fixed. I'm at work right now, so I can't check. Anyone?

Brad

This morning before I went to work, all my locals appeared to be working just fine on my 612s. No stuttering and no pixelation every few seconds. So I hope the problem has been fixed.

I will know more later tonight when I get off work.

I had a tech come out early today and said nothing could be done. Can now confirm (thanks to the above poster) its now fixed and working great.

How are you seeing spotbeam 29 in Atlanta?

It was nice to see everything working (in a rainstorm!) last night.

Brad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)