KCPQ-13 Seattle (FOX) fuzzy picture

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kstile

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 7, 2005
Has anyone else noticed a particularly bad PQ on KCPQ-HD from Dish? Up until KCPQ switched to VHF (boo!) after the digital switchover, I've had to get my feed from Dish and not OTA.

What I've noticed is that the picture seems to "pulse" from nice and sharp to fuzzy/full of compression artifacts. This seems to happen about every second or so and can be quite distracting. Is this just me on my TV or are others seeing it? It's pretty subtle (I can see it but my wife doesn't), but definitely noticeable. You can see it especially on close-ups of people's faces as it goes from sharp (see their pores) to fuzzy (washed out and flat).

I don't see it at all on any other Dish-provided local HD channels and it's on all the shows I watch (noticed it again this week on House).

And, this has nothing to do with the occasional yellow screens and audio drop outs that seem all-too-common on that channel and that channel only.

thanks.

Not just in your location

Has anyone else noticed a particularly bad PQ on KCPQ-HD from Dish? Up until KCPQ switched to VHF (boo!) after the digital switchover, I've had to get my feed from Dish and not OTA.

What I've noticed is that the picture seems to "pulse" from nice and sharp to fuzzy/full of compression artifacts. This seems to happen about every second or so and can be quite distracting. Is this just me on my TV or are others seeing it? It's pretty subtle (I can see it but my wife doesn't), but definitely noticeable. You can see it especially on close-ups of people's faces as it goes from sharp (see their pores) to fuzzy (washed out and flat).

I don't see it at all on any other Dish-provided local HD channels and it's on all the shows I watch (noticed it again this week on House).

And, this has nothing to do with the occasional yellow screens and audio drop outs that seem all-too-common on that channel and that channel only.

thanks.

This is happened to many stations that went to the VHF channels since the digital transition. It has to do with the analog FM stations causing problems due to 3rd harmonic causing a problem with the VHF channel. Try inserting an FM trap in the line if you can find one. I read an article in TV Technology magazine recently that addressed just this issue. It is now hard to find FM traps now. I put one in line here and both chs 7 & 9 come in well now. There have also been a run on the FCC to A: change back to a UHF freq at a higher power or B: increase power for the VHF transmitter.

Thanks for the note, but just to confirm, my problem is happening on the DISH version of KCPQ, not OTA. Is it what you're talking about (putting in a FM trap) only in the case of OTA?

I would be all for changing back to UHF - that always worked just perfectly.

OTA

Thanks for the note, but just to confirm, my problem is happening on the DISH version of KCPQ, not OTA. Is it what you're talking about (putting in a FM trap) only in the case of OTA?

I would be all for changing back to UHF - that always worked just perfectly.

I was taling about OTA so if it is the E* version you can't do anything about that. But the way I was reading this was that it was the OTA and not the E* feed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)