Keep MGS4?

Cranked

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
Milwaukee, WI
So I just got a PS3 and MGS4 for my birthday and I read a lot of good reviews about the game. I also heard that 50% of the game is cut scenes and only 50% of play time. I was thinking about taking the game back and just renting it. I just am the type of person who likes to play a game and not watch a movie. I also hear the game is really short if you were to skip the cut scenes. Anyone have any feedback on this? Its much appreciated.

So I just got a PS3 and MGS4 for my birthday and I read a lot of good reviews about the game. I also heard that 50% of the game is cut scenes and only 50% of play time. I was thinking about taking the game back and just renting it. I just am the type of person who likes to play a game and not watch a movie. I also hear the game is really short if you were to skip the cut scenes. Anyone have any feedback on this? Its much appreciated.

I'd say 70% game and 30 Cut scene.
Now, they had to do it in order for them to explain the whole story.
And I think it was the best way to end this game franchise.

I'm not a huge cut-scene guy either, and I'm still on the early part of the game, (The Frog soldiers or whatever just ambushed us) but the cut-scenes in previous MGS games have been standard setters in terms of good quality, and MGS4 seems to be no exception. Also I would advise against skipping cut scenes, because then you won't know what is going on, and sometimes they will be giving you advice or orders you need to succeed. Remember that the cut-scenes you will be watching will be movie caliber acting and storytelling. Don't expect to see things like you saw in Gears of War or Resident Evil games. I mean hell.. the guy who does Snake's voice basically wrote the 3 X-Men movies.

MGS4 doesn't have an average critic score of 9.3 because people just like Hideo Kojima. It is a legitimately good game. I really don't think you'll regret keeping your copy. Also, don't forget that the MGS games are famous for having multiple unlockables and things that come up after you beat the game, and there are multiple difficulty modes available and things to find. Don't expect this to be a short ride.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)