Keeping movies on DVR ....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

outerub

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 23, 2008
Michigan.
Back in the day you could keep any PPV you recorded for as long as you liked. Then, a while back, DTV dissalowed this, putting time limits on stored PPV recordings. This sucks. Have they ever considered an option for us to perhaps pay a few dollars more, allowing us to keep PPV movies on the hard drive indefinately ? I mean really, I can go out and buy the DVD the same day it comes out on PPV in most cases ..... :rant:

OUB. :mad:

Back in the day you could keep any PPV you recorded for as long as you liked. Then, a while back, DTV dissalowed this, putting time limits on stored PPV recordings. This sucks. Have they ever considered an option for us to perhaps pay a few dollars more, allowing us to keep PPV movies on the hard drive indefinately ? I mean really, I can go out and buy the DVD the same day it comes out on PPV in most cases ..... :rant:

OUB. :mad:

I believe this had more to do with Hollywood stipulations than D*.

If you want to HAVE the movie, it's always better to buy the DVD, keep in mind if you ever have to have the recvr replaced for any reason you loose your recording anyways.

This was an issue with the studios demanding the change. IIRC Dish changed around the same time period and most cable systems operate the same way.

Yah .... I know. But it still sucks that we can't keep PPV's ....

Thanks anyway fellas. :)

OUB.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)