KHON Hawaii pixelated, blanking, audio

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ttomni6

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2011
Maui
I'm a DISH subscriber and we are once again experiencing picture pixelation, screen blanking momentarily to black and audio drops. HD feed is better than the SD feed. SD feed is much, much worse.

Question for you Hawaii Direct subs - are you experiencing the same?

Last time this happened it was supposedly the uplink equipment on DISH's side but we never narrowed it down to see if you folks also had the same issue.

For the record, this is happening 11/28 during the Notre Dame Stanford game.

I'm a DISH subscriber and we are once again experiencing picture pixelation, screen blanking momentarily to black and audio drops. HD feed is better than the SD feed. SD feed is much, much worse.

Question for you Hawaii Direct subs - are you experiencing the same?

Last time this happened it was supposedly the uplink equipment on DISH's side but we never narrowed it down to see if you folks also had the same issue.

For the record, this is happening 11/28 during the Notre Dame Stanford game.
Sorry guy, this is in the Directv Forum, might want to have a Mod move it or start one over there too.

It's okay here Jimbo, he's trying to see if Directv subs in Hawaii are having the same issues the Dish guys are.

No, you didn't read the whole post. I'm asking if any direct tv subs are having this problem. Both DiISH and DTV subs had a major problem with one of our locals a few years ago and it was only because BOTH Dish and DTV folks joined together that we got the issue resolved.

No, you didn't read the whole post. I'm asking if any direct tv subs are having this problem. Both DiISH and DTV subs had a major problem with one of our locals a few years ago and it was only because BOTH Dish and DTV folks joined together that we got the issue resolved.
I did read the whole thread, but mistook what you were saying.

I did read the whole thread, but mistook what you were saying.
Cool. I tried to be clear but sometimes it's tough to get the exact nuance of what you're trying to say in as few a words as possible.

I havent seen any issues with KHON on DirecTV. It is a shared feed from the islands between both providers, but if anyone is seeing any issues with it or Hawaii on DirecTV, PM me and I will look into it further.

It appears that the issue is now resolved AFTER the Notre Dame Stanford game is over. The issue was evident on all SD and HD feeds on the game feed, local commercials and network commercials.

It appears that the issue is now resolved AFTER the Notre Dame Stanford game is over. The issue was evident on all SD and HD feeds on the game feed, local commercials and network commercials.

My nephew called me yesterday and mentioned the problem while watching the Notre Dame game on Directv. So I checked on my Directv and saw the problems that were described.

Status
Please reply by conversation.